Chapter 12

Sly stood there speechless. "Mother?" He whispered in the phone. Bentley and Penelope looked at each other in confusion as they walked closer to Sly.

"Yes, Sly. I know it's a lot to take in."

"But you died! Along with dad!" "I'm going to have to explain it to you in person. I also know where you live. When can be a good time to see you?"

"Urm, today I guess."

"Good. I'm looking forward to seeing you again, Sly, my son. I'll see you at 4:30."

"Okay... Bye I guess."

"Bye, Sly." He hung up the phone and stood there in shock.

"Are you alright?" Penelope asked. "My mother is alive!" He said after a moment.

"She's coming to visit in a few hours!" Bentley smiled as Penelope hugged Sly. "We're so happy for you, Sly!" She exclaimed.

"What's going on?" Murray said, entering the room.

"Did Sly get Inspector Fox pregnant?" Sly turned a deep shade of red and said,

"No, Murray! My mother is alive!" Murray smiled and yelled,

"That's great! But how?"

"I don't know, but she's coming today to visit!" He replied.

"Look Sly," Bentley said,

"This is great and all, but how do you know that this isn't a trap?"

"Well, I don't know about that, I guess we'll just have to be careful." Sly answered.

"Alright, I'll keep a close eye on her."

"What time is it?" He yelled, an hour later.

"It's only 12:30, Sly!" Penelope called from the kitchen. Sly walked to the kitchen and said,

"Sorry. I'm just excited."

"It's okay, Sly. I would be too." Bentley said. Sly smiled and said,

"I think I'll go check on Carmelita." With that he headed downstairs. When Sly saw that Carmelita was awake, he said,

"Guess what?" Carmelita tiredly replied,

"What is it?"

Sly told Carmelita all about the phone call.

"That's great, Sly!" She said happily.

"I need to get ready if I'm going to meet her!"

"Need any help, Carm?" She chuckled.

"Maybe a little. Thanks, Handsome." He laughed as he helped Carmelita sit up on the side of the bed.

"What do you need?"

"My blue shirt, my blue jeans, my black flats, and my makeup and hairbrush and my handheld mirror." Since Sly knew where everything was, it didn't take long to get it for her.

"Thanks Sly. You're really such a big help. I can't wait until I'm better so I can help you guys around the house." Sly smiled as he put the last of her things on the bed.

"I visited Cassandra today. She wanted to visit with you. Maybe when you're better we can both see her."

"I'd love that very much, Sly." She motioned him to turn around while she changed. When she was done, she started putting on her liquid eyeliner. After she made perfect wings on her eyes, she applied mascara and her red lipstick. Then she brushed her hair.

"I'm ready!" She said to Sly. He smiled as he picked her up, bridal style.

"You're so strong, Sly." She exclaimed.