Chapter 18

Sly opened the door for Carmelita and wrapped his arm around her as they started walking towards the mall. When they walked in, they headed towards the clothing section. Carmelita started looking in the underwear area. Then she noticed Sly was still behind her.

"Get out of here!" She said with a loud whisper. Sly grinned and raised his eyebrows.

"Oh," She said, walking towards him, pushing on his strong chest.

"Alright!" He said, laughing.

"Hey, this is pretty!" Sly said, pointing at a bra.

"Get out, ringtail!" She said, sternly. Sly shook his head, chuckling as he left the women's undergarment aisle.

Sly walked to the men's clothing aisle and started to look around. Then he saw Bentley and Murray looking at some wedding tuxedos.

"Hey, guys!" Sly said, walking towards them.

"Hi!" They answered.

"Hey Sly," Bentley said,

"Do you think I should get a black tuxedo or a white one?" Sly looked the the two suits he was holding up. He thought for a moment before he said,

"I think the black one."

"I was thinking that one too." Bentley said, gently placing it in the shopping cart.

"Remember when I had to dress in a tuxedo to distract Carmelita?" Sly asked, grinning.

"Yes, I can't believe it worked!" Bentley laughed. They talked about their past adventures for a while, before they went to look for other things.

After a while, Carmelita ran into Penelope.

"Hola!" She said, walking towards her.

"Hi, Carmelita!" Penelope replied. She was looking at some wedding dresses.

"I can't decide which dress I should buy. My old one was perfect, but they don't have that kind any more." Penelope said. Carmelita smiled humbly.

"I'll help you look." After an hour, Penelope decided on a dress that had a tight top, a white and black bow around the waist, small fitted ruffles down to her feet, and beautiful laced sleeves. After she tried it on, Carmelita said,

"It's beautiful, chica." Penelope politely smiled at her.

A few hours later, everyone was done shopping. After Murray, Bentley and Penelope left to go home, Sly and Carmelita drove to the hospital. They walked up to Cassandra's room and knocked on the door.

"Come in," She replied. They opened the door to see Cassandra.

"Hi, guys!" She said.

"Hola!" Carmelita said.

"How are you doing, Cassy?" Sly asked. She half smiled and said,

"As well as can be expected." She still had some bruises on her arms and face, but they were slowly healing.

"Have you guys ever had a surgery? I want to know what it's like." Cassandra suddenly asked. Sly and Carmelita looked at each other before Sly answered,

"Well I never had one. Have you, Carm?"

"Well yes I have." She replied, catching Sly off guard,

"When I was a young girl, a little younger then Cassandra, I got a surgery to get a bullet out of my thigh."

"A bullet? You got shot?" Sly asked, worried.

"Yes, but it was an accident. My father was an Interpol officer too, and he was after a criminal because the guy kidnapped me. Once my father finally had him cornered, the criminal pushed me in the way right when my dad pulled the trigger."