Chapter 3

"What was that about?" Sly smirked.

"About our new uniforms. Our old ones got tore up dealing with Dr. M." Carmelita mentally gave herself a pat on the back for thinking up such a clever lie that was also true.

"Oh, okay," Sly replied. "When are they coming in?"

"Tonight I think. You can pick it up later or I can drop it off at your house..." Her voice trailed off, knowing that Sly wouldn't remember where he lived.

"Oh yeah, about that," Sly said,

"I don't remember where I live, what should I do?"

Carmelita thought for a moment. Then she thought up a clever lie.

"Your house burned down a week ago, I don't know the whole story, but you can live with me for a while."

Sly chuckled.

"Thanks for the offer Carm, but I think I can handle it."

"We both know that's a lie, Constable Cooper," Carmelita scolded, "So pack your bags, and meet me at this apartment building." She slipped him a card with her address on it.

"Carm," He started to argue.

"Inspector Fox," She corrected, which made him laugh.

"Inspector Fox, I'm grateful for what you're trying to do, but I don't want to cause you any trouble."

"Ringtail, how can putting a roof over your head cause any trouble? Now stop arguing with me before I get angry."

Sly chuckled as he replied,"Alright, alright, you win. I'll meet you there in an hour."

She sighed in satisfaction as she said,

"Thanks. I'll see you soon."

He nodded at her as he walked out of the building. Secretly, he wanted to stay in Carmelita's apartment, for many reasons. He wiped that image out of his head as he started to walk to where he was living that past week, a rooftop.