Chapter Two

2 - Annie P.O.V.

I knew that I shouldn't be doing this, but I didn't know anyone else in New York City. I'd gotten Jason's address from Drew, who thought that I'd already informed Jason that I needed a place to crash for a couple weeks. Drew had been nervous about me coming to New York by myself, until I'd told him that I would be staying with Jason. He felt better after that. Little did my big brother know, that I might be walking right into the lion's den. I could still feel Jason's kiss on my lips and it had been a whole week. Being a Saturday, I prayed that Jason was home as I reached his building. The entrance required a code, but a gentleman was leaving as I arrived, so I grabbed the door and headed straight for the elevator. I hit the button for the fourth floor and tried to calm my rising nerves.

I'd been one of five people accepted to do this fashion internship. It only lasted a couple weeks, but if they liked me then this could be my ticket into the fashion world. I knew that the other interns all had, at least, some college education, but they didn't have my design skills. That's how I was accepted. I'd submitted several of my handmade outfits, one being the bridesmaids dress from Kira's wedding. They had instantly taken a liking to my designs and here I was, in big, bad, New York City. I was a little freaked out, but really excited too.

I reached the fourth floor and adjusted the bag over my shoulder, as I pulled a suitcase along behind me, looking for Jason's apartment number. It was ten o'clock in the morning, so I prayed I would catch him at home. It wasn't like it was tax season, I thought, as I tentatively knocked on his door. What would he say when he saw me? What would he do? We hadn't had another chance to talk again at Drew's wedding reception and I noticed he'd gotten drunker the longer the night had went on, so I hadn't tried to approach him. I thought I'd get the opportunity to talk to him before he flew back home, but when I'd asked Drew where Jason was the following afternoon, Drew had said Jason already went home. So, I hadn't seen him since he'd called me sexy on the dance floor. To say that I was nervous was an understatement.

The door suddenly opened a crack and a much-disheveled Drew peeked out. His eyes widened, upon seeing me, and he shut the door again. I frowned but heard him unlocked the latch and a moment later he opened the door wide enough for me to see that he was wearing nothing but a pair of boxer briefs. My eyes widened as I took him in. Had his pecks and abs always been that defined? Had his legs always been so muscular? Had he always been packing...that? His hair was a complete mess and his eyes looked blood shot. Was he drunk?

"Annie, what the hell are you doing here?" He demanded, in a not so nice tone.

I frowned, "It's lovely to see you also, Jason."

He sighed, "I'm sorry, it's just..."

"He has company right now. So why don't you skedaddle and come back later." A tall, slender, redhead stepped into the room, speaking with a nasty tone, wearing nothing but a completely transparent robe. Her boobs had to be fake, because nobody's breasts were that perfect and she was completely bare down below. I suddenly felt self-conscious of my own body.

"Get out." Jason suddenly said and my eyes snapped to him. He was seriously kicking me out? He must have seen my expression, because his eyes widened, "No, not you Annie. You, Ashley, get out."

The redhead glared, "The name is Amanda."

Jason rolled his eyes, "I don't care. Get out."

I stood to the side, awkwardly, as Amanda began angrily traipsing around the apartment, gathering her clothing. Her bra was hanging from the light fixture on the ceiling. How in the hell had it gotten up there? Unashamed, Amanda dropped the robe and began dressing right there in front of us. Jason looked at the floor the whole time and by the time Amanda left, I was glaring at him. How could he be so cruel? They apparently had a thing, or she wouldn't be here, naked. How could he have his way with her and then treat her so coldly?