Yeah Boy, and Doll Face| 10

"Y-you have to p-promise you won't g-g-get mad." I held out a pinky. He quickly took it in is own. I opened my mouth to begin again, but there were other people in the room. Vic seemed to notice my discomfort, so we left the bus. We walked away from the situation, we didn't say a word to each other, and I didn't know where we were going, but Vic seemed to. I went with it.

Five minutes passed and grew tired of walking. One thing I should probably tell him, was that I grew very weak very easily. I didn't know why, but all this walking was making me feel heavy, shoulders hunching forward, eyes drooping, feet like boulders. And there was a pang in my chest that hurt like hell. It was painful. Really painful. Even for me, and I've had a few surgeries where I'd woken up. I'd broken bones. I'd self harmed myself! And none of that fazed me. 

Vic noticed I was slowing. "Are you okay?"

I gave him a small shrug. It hurt. I think I winced because he held out his arms. "Come on. I'll carry you." I held my arms out weakly and he picked me up like a toddler would be picked up, and I wrapped my legs around his waist.

I'd always thought I weighed a lot. At my last doctor's visit, which was last week, I weighed 112 pounds. They told me I needed to eat more. I had just rolled my eyes at them. I do eat. I just loose the calories extremely fast. 

"A-am I heavy?" I mumbled.

He gave me a look. "Are you kidding me?! You lighter than a feather!"

"Oh." I laid my head down on his shoulder. I was tired. I didn't know why this was happening. I had forgotten to tell my doctor about it.  It's happened about fie times. My vision would blink in and out, my chest would feel like it was going to explode from all the pressure. 

Then he stopped at a cute little diner. We went in and sat. Vic ordered us some food and while we were waiting for it to come, he gave me a questioning look, asking me to continue.

"It's G-Gage." I whispered, leaning forward so no one would overhear us, even though no one was around us. 

Vic looked confused. "What about Gage? I thought you guys were cool with each other. Aren't you siblings?" I looked at the table. 

I tried to think of words, twisting a strand of my hair, before I could think of anything correctly, the waitress arrived with the food.

It was two trays. One with four hamburgers, two large sized boxes of thin cut fries, and two large drinks. The other tray had two extra large chocolate milkshakes, lots of napkins, and a bottle of ketchup. 

The waitress didn't look very nice. By that I mean she had two tight clothes, showing off stuff that didn't need to be shown. She was glaring at me. I gave her a glare right back. I have a pretty mean glare, and if you tick me off, I'll use it. 

She looked away uncomfortably to Vic. He was looking at her with a bored expression that made me want to laugh. 

She bit her lip and pulled at the end of her shirt, showing ever more cleavage. Gross. "Hi. I'm Danielle. And you are?" 

"Taken." Vic rolled his eyes, and looked at me, his eyes brightening as he winked at me. "This is her. Now apologize for hitting on me in front of my girlfriend." He grabbed my hands from across the table. I felt my heart skip a beat. 

Danielle gave me a once over, her lip curling. "Really? I doubt a hot guy like you, would go out with that emo freak. I mean look at her. She's wearing an emo band shirt. She has too many bracelets. Black hair. Ugh. Prove it." She put her hands on her hips. 

Vic shrugged and pulled me to him across the table to him, pausing a second before kissing me. I knew he wanted me to play along so I kissed him back. And oh my god I was kissing the Vic Fuentes. My pulse was going crazy, my heart beating a few beats faster than it should be. His hands were on my face, mine holding me up on the table. His lips were probably the softest things I'd ever felt and his taste had some sort of spice to it that I really liked. I was well aware of Danielle frowning and growling at our "love." I was pretty sure it was more than a few seconds, and it felt like forever. A forever that I liked. A forever that I needed. 

"Ugh. Okay fine. I get it." Danielle huffed, and Vic pulled away. I sat back down slowly. "I'm sorry for interrupting you two's "love."" She curled her lips back in a grimace. She sighed. "Is there anything you need?" 

"Well, I need you to stop being a jerk in the first place, and leave. I don't like you." Vic waved her off, and looked back at me. I couldn't tell if his smile was genuine or part of the act. The act I really liked. 

She left with a stomp of her foot, a flick of her ugly, bleach blonde hair, and her head held high in a snooty way. 

Vic started picking at one of the hamburgers. I kept my hands in my lap, feeling sick to my stomach at just the thought of eating this. It was nerves. Vic really frayed my nerves when he kissed me. "Okay, so continue. Now that she's gone, you can talk." He waved a hand at me. 

He said nothing of what just happened. I struggled to control my pulse and heart that I was sure he could hear. He made it seem like he did that sort of thing all the time. It kind of hurt my feelings. "Um, w-well, G-Gage found so-something that he sh-should've found y-years ago." I said, picking up one of the milk shakes, even though I felt like I was about to throw up.  

"What'd he find?" 

I put my hands on the table, fiddling with the bracelets, making sure the scars were visible so I wouldn't have to say anything. Vic grabbed my wrists gently, removing the bracelets as carefully as he could, setting them aside on the table. He looked really sad. "That one is really deep Remy." He mumbled. He brushed his thumb over it. 

"Ga-Gage found one of the razors I had." I looked at his hands. They were really soft. Not as soft as his lips were, but seriously soft. 

"What's he do after he found it?" His voice and eyes were hollow. 

"He yelled at me. He threw the razor. I don't like what he said to me." I mumbled. 

"Why do you do it?" His voice held an edge and I shivered. 

"Y-you promised you wo-wouldn't ge-get mad." I reminded him and he closed his eyes, probably trying to calm himself. 

"Okay. I'm sorry." He waved over Danielle, who seemed to be sulking, and got the bill. He paid and got a to-go bag, saying he would save the rest for the boys. We had barely eaten anything. 

When we were walking outside, a few minutes away from the venue, he stopped and put down everything. He held out his arms and I didn't hesitate to go into them. I sniffled, a few tears leaked from my eyes. 

"Please don't do it again. You have me. You have Mike, Tony, and Jaime. You have Ellie. And Gage only cares about you. That's why he was mad. If you can't go home . . . stay with us. We'll do a project. We'll do a challenge type thing. Okay? Stay with us." He told me, holding me tightly. 

I thought about it for a moment.

Why did he care? But this would be good for me. I agreed that this needed to stop, but everything in my town, brought me down. It held so many painful memories that needed to leave.

"I'll stay." My voice was confident, even as I whispered, and I felt proud. Maybe this would gain me some confidence as well.

"You'll stay?" He looked hopeful as he pulled away from our embrace to check and see if I was lying.

"Yes." I spoke with a stronger confidence before. One that I'd never heard myself in. It surprised me. I smiled, prouder than before. 

He grinned and grabbed the food, and my hand, and we started away, back to the venue, and to the start of something new, and crazy.