[Chapter 12]

Sorry I haven't updated in a while guys, school Dx #gagmewithaspoon

also I was angry cos i was like half done with this chapter and it disappeared on me Dx I cried.

anyway, here's chapter 12

-k. 

Chapter [12]

 I laid down in my room on the floor staring out the window, just out of reach of it's stream of light that illuminated the dust particles in the air. The late noon sun's heat radiated through my walls, I was in a light sweat.

It seemed like my life had just broken apart, Lisey and Ash both wouldn't talk to me, It was just going through the motions everyday, go to school, go to class, eat lunch with my band friends and then go home. No more kissing Lisey, no more ditching school with Ash. 

I smacked myself in the forehead, Damnit Noah. How could i have possibly thought that associating myself in any way more than acquaintances with Ash would turn out well?! I knew she was gorgeous but I didn't know she was so funny or nice, or witty, or sarcastic... I didn't think I'd like her.

But liking her is nothing compared to loving Lisey. She's my angel, she's my best friend. How could I possibly forget that, how loved and happy she makes me feel. 

I didn't, or at least, I remember it now, and there's no way I'm forgetting it. 

I pulled out my phone and played with it in my hands, for a while, flipping it over  and tossing it hand to hand. Then suddenly it rang.

I jumped out of shock and dropped the phone, after scrambling to pick it back up I saw the screen, it read: Lise<3 

I answered immediately and spoke a quiet, "Hello?" into the speaker. 

"Noah! Thank God you picked up, no one else is, I need to go to the hospital, my mom's going into an emergency surgery, the nurse lady wouldn't fucking tell me what for over the phone, I have to go there, please take me, my car won't start." 

I gulped, I don't know what I was expecting when I saw her phone number on my screen but I sure as hell wasn't expecting that. 

"Yeah, I'm on my way." I responded clicking the phone off.

I got to her house in a matter of minutes considering it wasn't very far and I didn't bother making her wait by changing out of my grungy t-shirt and sweats I'd been laying in. 

I picked her up in Yoda and it felt weird, but it also felt... It felt normal, I was so used to her being my passenger all the time, this was just a sick reminder of what I'd let go of. 

We pulling into the hospital parking lot and I turned off the Jeep and jumped out, before shutting my own door I realized Lisey hadn't moved. 

"What if it's bad." She said in a fearful tone.

"Noah what if... What if she doesn't come back... What if she dies... It'll be all my fault." Lisey was choking back tears, she still hadn't moved from looking straight ahead, not really at the hospital but in its general direction. 

"Lisey, she's gonna be fine." 

She looked over at me, and she nodded, more to herself than to me, and blinked away the tears, "She's gonna be okay..." she whispered getting out of Yoda. 

I didn't even believe myself, if it wasn't a big deal why would they insist that Lisey comes in. 

I bit my lower lip and quietly followed Lisey into the hospital.