[Chapter 14] FINAL CHAPTER

[CHAPTER 14]

I know I have not written in FOREVER.

Like yes, a really truly, VERY long time.

So bare with me.

I'm not going to finish this book, this was some writing I did in middle school and back a while ago when I had more free time but I'm a senior in high school now and don't intend on finishing.

If you would still like to know...

This is a synopsis of how the book was going to end, and why.

        Ash was going to go back home for a little while with her mom and brother since Lisey's mom was out of the hospital. Noah was left alone to think about everything that has happened to him and "pick" which girl he wants.
        However, he left Lisey after fighting, and Ash was traumatized and the novel at this point would have ended with him reflecting on how he's treated these girls so poorly, it ends with him heart broken and weeping.
        The novel then skips to the final-final chapter. Which is a while later, a long while later, at their high school graduation. Lisey got into a great school, she remained single and happy with her mom and was great friends with Rochelle and Tia-D. Lisey in conversation informs her friends that Ash and Andy graduated a few days earlier at their school in New York, they were both going to school in England majoring in Psychology. Finally, the reader gets to know what happens with Noah. Noah has a girlfriend, Margo, the florist mentioned briefly earlier on in the book. The two are happier than either ever was with their previous significant others. Margo is a year older than Noah but took a gap year and they both will be going to school in Washington, different colleges, but living together. At the end of the chapter, Lisey and Noah wave to each other and they run over meeting in the middle. They hug and laugh and smile, Lisey has tears in her eyes and she tells him she's going to miss him and he says the same before they depart, there is nothing romantic about this interaction, it's merely an pure act of friendship and genuine feeling. The chapter takes place on a bright spring day on the football field of their high school, everyone is in their cap and gown. 

Now I would like to tell you why this happened. Yes, there is a method to this madness and it is to inform all my lovely younger readers that the first person you really love isn't always the last. It's also important to identify unhealthy relationships regardless if you still want to be with that person, if they aren't good for you and don't make you happy, the relationship can only tear you down. 

The whole point of building up Noah and Lisey's relationship and then crushing it basically by introducing Ash and then having everything crumble, only to now introduce Margo again as a more important character was to tell everyone that people move on, and it's unexpected, but it's okay, and I hope every single person who reads this doesn't fall for the idea of a hot guy/girl best friend but someone who really deserves them romantically and platonically. 

Lisey and Noah were great friends but he never deserved her romantically, only after finding Margo and having his heart broken did Noah ever become ready to take on a serious relationship like that, I'm not saying I feel like everyone should have their hearts broken, but I feel as though everyone should be devoted to whoever it is that they do love. He wasn't, but now he is.

And in regards to Lisey, girls, you don't have to date a boy, Lisey overcame an unhealthy relationship and an emotionally abusive/distant mother and got into a great school. She went from fragile to fierce, without a guy at her side. 

And finally, I felt the two should stay friends because well... why not, they shouldn't have regretted their relationship because it ended badly, so I made sure they were happy with each other at the end.

This may not be the ending everyone wanted, but it's the ending that this book deserves.

-k.