[Chapter 7]

[Chapter 7]

Ash

I was laying on the apartment buildings we were living in's roof on a blanket, it was around eleven o'clock, maybe a little bit earlier. My cheeks were wet from the tears that had been streaming down my face near moments ago from my hatred of California and my longing for my friends back in New York. My throat hurt from my sobbing and my eyes were somewhere between, "I want to sleep." and "Fuck sleep, the stars are beautiful."

That's the one thing I really like about living here, you can see the stars. You can't do that in New York, and it's a shame, just imagine, all those lights...

"Hey! Who's up here!?" a strong voice shouted interupting my thoughts.

Seriously? I was having a fucking nice time, and you had to come up here and just fuck it up and- "Ashes Luella fucking Waters." I announced myself. then thought shit, and cleaned up my face off all proof of crying.

I heard about three different chuckles come from the roof entrance door, some footsteps, I guess they expect me to move?

"Hey." one really deep voice said, he was tall, black and buff, he looked about ninteen and pretty frightening. Another one has soft brown hair and thin lips... thin everything really except for his massive nose and he was really pale, even in the middle of the night, and the third one had almost-shoulder length black hair, and tan skin, and a handsome half smile entertained his lips as he stared down at me, amused.

"Yo." I replied to Big-Black-and-Terrifying.

"I'm Evans." He said, sitting down on an air vent, "You know me already" I replied.

Little Skinny squatted into a sitting position at my side, "I'm Ronnie." His voice was somewhat high pitched, made me think he might be a freshman. I sat up, nodding at him.

"And I," the third musketeer motioned to himself, "am Arthur."

"Like the king?" I questioned with a smirk on my lips,

"He acts like he is one," Evans commented, and me and Skinny laughed. Arthur faked a hurt expression and gasped like someone has struck him in the chest.

"But I am a king, you you are my peasants. Fetch me grapes and a mullet."

I broke into laughter, "See? Ashes here thinks I'm funny." He smiled with victory.

My eyes teared from my sudden burst, "I'm laughing because you're so dumb. You mean mutton. Mutton. A mullet is a horrible hairstyle from the 70s."

Ronnie laughed with me and Evans uttered out a small chuckle.

"Hushhhhh, do you hear that?" Aurthur whispered.

We stayed quiet and listened in the darkness.

"That's the sound of hundreds of colleges begging me to go to them for my knowledge of medieval foods."

I smirked, and laughed with them, we talked for hours, and Arthur took out a pack of cigarettes and passed them around for us, we smoked, and I told them about good music, and invited them to our gig next week.

I found out more about them, just in that night, Ronnie is a freshman, he is a total gamer and I promised I'd play Bioshock with him sometime. He's adorable, and so sweet, but he tries to act tough.

Evans is only eighteen, damnit, I was so close with that guess, and he's on the football team for another high school in the area that I don't attend, nor have I ever heard of. They called it "High on Crack H.S." all night, which I found amusing, but I never actually learned the high school name.

And finally there was Arthur, a sarcastic asshole who smoked too much, had fucking motorcycle s (yes, plural, multiple motorcycles!) and could possibly be my best friend. He actually liked good music, and he played drums, and I just couldn't help but adore his scars off-roading biking accident scars.

He was kind of a badass.

But around five o'clock I decided I should go back to our apartment before Andy woke up and worried too much and exploded.

Yup.

That would happen, I'm totally not exaggerating.

Noah

I don't know if girls can relate to this but waking up with a boner after dreaming about a girl, who isn't your girlfriend is the most horrible feeling ever. Is that just me? Does this even happen to other people? I'm so fucked up...

Yesterday me and Lisey had left the flowers at her moms hospital room but we couldn't stay long since we got there at the end of visiting hours, which wasn't the worst thing ever.

Just seeing her mom made Lisey break into tears.  

I rolled over and just laid there, what time is it? I checked my clock, five AM? Not too bad. I bit my lip and thought of dead puppies while I waited for the snake in my trousers to calm the fudge down.

Once my alarm rang for six o'clock I rolled out of bed and decided to get ready, I slid on some Harley Quinn boxers and some dark grey board shorts over that.

I walked around my room for a bit brushing my teeth, picking up my stuff and examining it.

I lifted up a little Elephant stuffed animal I got as a little kid, it was missing a button eye and there were burn marks on it's stomach from when I tied it to a firework so he could go to the moon.

Wasn't I just the smartest kid around?

I finished getting ready, I skipped breakfast, said bye to my loving mom and dad and then jumped into Yoda and left for school.

I pulled into the parking lot five minutes later, still about twenty minutes before students began to arrive so I just sat in Yoda and blasted some Family Force 5.

I started to dose off into sleep but before I could slip fully into unconsciousness... there was a knock on my window. I sighed and opened my eyes.

It was Ashes.

------ 

I know you hate me.  

I'm so horrible at keeping up with this but I was so inspired by how many Little Lions (that's your new name) ha joined us on this little story adventure ooooooh! Almost 400! You guys are beautiful and I ACTUALLY promise to upload more often this time.  

Love, Kelsey<3