Chapter Twelve

Ana’s POV

A pang of guilt washed though me as I watched Ella leave, immediately regretting yelling at her. I sat back on my ass as I heard the door slam, thoughts rushing through my mind. I wasn’t used to her being so…violent. My Ell would never get mad at me for something like this…God I wish I could tell her what REALLY happened, but I don’t want to lose her. I stood up and walked over to the garage door, opening it slightly. She was talking on the phone, but I could only hear bits and pieces. I heard her giggle softly, a smile tugging at the corners of her perfect lips. “Go back to your boyfriend, Jayce, I don’t care. I’ll call someone else.” My heart sank as I realized she was leaving, but my mind immediately flashed to the mess inside. I softly closed the door and went back over to the popcorn lying all over the floor. I shook my head and went upstairs to get the vacuum, instead of picking it up like I should have. About ten minutes later, I heard a car pull into the driveway. I peeked out the window to see Jewel’s familiar grey Toyota pull out of the drive way and speed down the street. My mind didn’t register the black SUV heading toward them, but the squeal of the tires snapped my mind back into place. I looked back in time to see it slam into the back right side of Jewel’s car, causing it to flip and then roll once, twice, then three times. I didn’t realize I wasn’t breathing until my lungs started burning from the lack of air. I fell to the ground, sobs ripping though me. I fumbled for my cell phone and dialed 911, frantically screaming to the woman on the other end.

I hung up the phone and ran outside toward the wreckage, still crying hysterically. A few other people had come outside, including my neighbor Liberty. Worry and fear was written all over her face as she hobbled toward me. It looked like she was trying to run, but being 73, it was more of a walk. I walked over to her, tears streaming down my face and she pulled me into a hug. I know she had seen who had gotten in the car, she knew what Ella means to me. She was like my grandmother, only closer.

She tightened her hug around me, trying to comfort me. “Shhh. Now, now. It’s going to be ok Anastasia.” She was the only person who ever called me by my full name, not even my parents called me that…granted that I saw them long enough for them to get mad at me. She pulled back from our hug and put her arm around me. “Let’s go sit down sweetie…I can take you to the hospital when you’re ready.”

The paramedics had already arrived and were carrying Jewel and Ella to the ambulances. I thanked God at that moment for keeping them alive, not knowing how bad the damage was. I knew they were both unconscious, seeing as they had to smash open the windows to get them out. My eyes darted around the scene and I saw the driver of the SUV. I immediately broke down into tears again, recognizing their face. His face was covered in blood from a huge gash on his forehead, the blood trickling down over his dark blue eyes. I felt a hiss escape through my teeth as his eyes locked with mine. Liberty tensed beside me as I spat out two words. “That bastard.” I saw red and jumped up, running for him. The one person I never wanted to see ever again. Taylor Nicholson.

------------------------------------------------------------

Betchya didn't see that one coming!

Sorry I didn't upload in forever everyone. If you've read my diary..You'd understand. But COMMENT VOTE AND FAN!!

Thanks everyone. <3Tiasophia