Chapter Thirteen

I saw red and jumped up, running for him. The one person I never wanted to see ever again. Taylor Nicholson.

I lunged for him, only murder on my mind. He jumped back quickly and out of my grasp. A string of profanities was coming out of my mouth as I continued to attempt to assault him. I didn’t realize I was crying again until a sob ripped through me. I stopped dead in my tracks as tears spilled from my eyes. “Why?” I whispered to him. He looked at me, his blue eyes filled with sympathy. “I’m so sorry…There was a dog-“

I threw my hand up. “I don’t wanna hear it. I mean why did this happen to me?!” He held his hands out to embrace me and I walked into him, sobbing into his shoulder. He hugged me tightly and tried to console me. “Shhh….It’ll be ok Ana.” For some odd reason, I felt safe in his arms, but I knew I shouldn’t.

I pushed away from Taylor quickly, seeing Liberty give me worried glances. “I’ll talk to you later…” I said quietly to Taylor. He nodded in return and walked over to one of the police officers. I felt my iPhone vibrate in my pocket and I pulled it out. The caller ID read “Unknown” but I answered it anyway. “Hello?”

The line was silent for a second, but then a woman answered me. “Hello? Is this Anastasia Cole?” I frowned softly, trying to place the voice. I’d heard it before, but I couldn’t remember where. “Yes. May I ask who’s calling?” I finally answered. “This is Martina Fletcher from People Magazine. I’d like to do an article on your band, but I need some information on you first. Is it true your dating Ellana Carter?” I nearly dropped the phone when I heard Ella’s name, but quickly recovered. “Uh-“ I stuttered for a few seconds before my brain screamed “JUST TELL THE TRUTH!” to me. “Yes!” I blurted before slapping a hand over my mouth. I the sound of typing on the other line before I heard “Mhm, and is it true that Nayla Anderson is engaged to Taylor Nicholson?” My heart started pounding again as my mouth went dry. “I have nothing left to say. I’m a little busy right now, so if you’ll call back never, that would be great.” I hit the “End” button a little too hard as my phone hit the ground. Alarm bells were ringing in my head, but I pushed them to the side, trying to focus on the scene before me. I noticed Liberty walking toward me again, and I grimaced slightly.

She cocked her head, studying my face. “What’s wrong Anastasia? Who was that on the phone?”

I was still trying to figure out the voice. None of this made sense. Why would someone from People be interested in The Fallen Angels? I gasped and slapped my hand over my mouth, my eyes growing wide. I looked at Liberty and shook my head slowly. “Trouble.” I whispered.