Chapter 7

"Unicorns and wizard sleeves

Hammer pants and make believe

Pirate ships sailing off to sea

Will you come party with me in my castle, in my castle, in my castle, in my cas-"

“OH MY GODS WOULD YOU TWO SHUT IT ALREADY” Eryx interrupted us from the driver’s seat of the red Ford F150 we had stolen. What? Being children of the gods doesn’t make us angels.

And technically it was Ryan who had hotwired and stolen it- which is how he earned the right to sit shot-gun. Unfortunately since Willow and I still had not been forgiven for the fire issue we were forced to sit in the bed of the truck. But we had been making the best of it singing obnoxiously loud, and since Ryan also had to smash the back window, the others had to bare through it.

“You guys are just jealous ‘cause we’re swag machines.” Willow said pulling a duck face.

“I hate to break it to you two but not only are you NOT swag machines, you have no future career in rapping.” James muttered. James had been in bad shape from our rapping/singing/dyeing whale noises. His face was red and one eye was twitching. In his defense Willow and I had been belting out for a good two hours.

“Excuse me but I believe we are the next BOB. Except we’ll be Tom. Get it? Cause Scetchers made bob’s that copied Tom’s.” I retorted, high-fiveing Willow afterward.

“No you really aren’t! NOW FOR THE SAKE OF EVERYTHING WAR-LIKE STOP IT BEFORE MY EARS BLEED!” Ryan yelled.

After a look from Willow we both started rapping terribly to the song again.

After that it was pretty much chaos. Willow and I making noise that sounded anything but human, and Eryx, Ryan, and James yelled profanities at us. 

After several minutes of this Kit looked murderous. “WOULD ALL OF YOU QUIT IT!”

All heads (exluding Eryx who was still driving) turned to her.

“RYAN, ERYX, AND JAMES YELLING AT WILLOW AND ARIANNA OBVIOUSLY ISN’T HELPING AND IS GIVING ME THE MOTHER OF ALL HEADACHES SO STOP! WILLOW! ARIANNA! YOU CAN’T SING OR RAP OR ANYTHING OF THE SORT! SO SHUT UP! NO ONE WANTS TO LISTEN TO YOU! NOW FOR ONCE BE DAMN NORMAL PEOPLE AND PLAY I SPY! OR BETTER YET THE FREAKING QUIET GAME!"

Silence.

Still silence.

Awkward silence.

“…You two still can’t rap…” Muttered Eryx.

And the loud cycle of insults and crappy rapping began again, everyone completely ignoring Kit as she turned red and acted overly pouty.

This went on until Ryan was interrupted in the middle of his insult by an unnaturally loud grumbling noise.

The group all turned to Willow, the source of the strange noise.

Willow began petting her belly. “Penelope is speaking to us. She wishes for food.”

We glanced around at each other.

“You named your stomach?” Eryx drew each word out slowly.

James nodded. “She does that. Her foot is named Andy…”

“You have a problem with Penelope? Huh Eryx?” Willow growled. I mean she literally growled it out.

Eryx, also being scared by her voice, rapidly shook his head ‘no.’

“I’m a little hungry too. We could stop by a gas station.” I suggested.

Ryan shook his head. “All we have is ten dollars. You gotta remember demarche doesn’t work with the humans.”