Chapter 6

Have you ever wondered where past hero's live once they get too old for camp half-blood? What they do? Well apparently they become important rich people.

Ok, so maybe not all of the time. But when the couple combination is a very famous architect and the best fighting instructor in America- they sure do. So now we were in the nicest house, more like mansion actually, on the rich and not crowded part of New York.

Earlier this morning when we left Camp Half-Blood, with our bags over our shoulders and leaving on a dangerous quest, the other campers were practically dancing with happiness. I don't exactly blame them. I mean, they were getting rid of the new girl who accidently injured half of the camp on her first day, the girl who was an outsider with no known godly parent, the creepy Hades boy, the guy who was either an immature five year old or an up-tight stubborn dictator when it came to fighting or even training, the know-it-all Athena boy, and the new Poseidon girl who made the mistake of knowing them.

To say it at the least, we didn't feel much love from them.

But we lived, and left to our first destination; Percy and Annabeth's house.

When we first knocked on the door a butler opened it up! A BUTLER! I can honestly say they are the only people I know who actually have their own butler. It wasn't until he turned around that I noticed he had hooves ... wow... I needed to start getting used to this magic stuff...

"Right this way." The butler-syter motioned us to follow him up a large spiraling stair-case. We all shuffled awkwardly behind him as we went up the steps. Can I just say spiral stair-cases are a lot more fun to go up on?

After we went up about four flights the butler stopped and pushed open a dark brown door, again motioning for us to follow him. I was the last one into the room- and it was amazing.

It was more like one large loft- taking up the size of at least four normal rooms. The color scheme was white, green, and dark brown. In the part closest to us there were multiple black leather couches, there was a large desk on the further side of the room with many files and scattered papers.

On one of the couches was a guy in his twenty's, probably twenty-six or twenty-seven. He had black hair that was slightly shaggy and a little scruff on his chin- as if he had forgot to shave for two days or so. He had sea green eyes, and was tall with a tan. He was attractive - but I wouldn't go for someone that much older than me.

As soon as we were in sight he jumped up from the couch. "So you guys are the big group everyone's talking about!"

"People are talking about us?" James asked with a bewildered look.

Percy laughed. "Well, yeah, news travels fast. One kid from each of the big three, an Ares kid, an Athena kid, and an unclaimed kid? You're the only things the naids would talk about this morning!"

Eryx stepped forward. "Been a while Percy. How's Annabeth?"

Percy suddenly looked very excited- like a kid on Christmas. "She is better than ever! We'll go down to the deigning room to talk with her in a minute."

Eryx nodded, though he looked a little freaked out by Percy's outburst about Annabeth. "Cool, so what's up? You see any old friends lately?"

Percy nodded. "Jason stopped by the other day. OH! Who's the new Zeus girl?"

Everyone turned to me. In the most Arianna-like way (in other words awkward) I walked up to Percy. "Jesss..."

He raised his eyebrows at me but didn't say anything. Instead he reached into his pocket and took out a bracelet.

It was made out of silver and wound around three times. At one end was a light blue diamond that was no bigger than the nail of a pinky finger and almost seemed to glow in the light. The other curled into a swirl-like end.