chapter 17

Nicole POV.

Well today was the big day. I know today would be filled with tears. Today was the day Lilly was leaving. My sister, cousin, and best friend. Shit my other half was leaving. This day was gonna be rough. I sat in Lilly's apartment while I talked to her and walked back and forth throughout the house while lilly packed her last few things in her car , that hadn't been shipped to newyork already.

"Damn you leaving me huh?" I asked as she packed the rest of her clothes.

"Nicole. Don't make me sad. Just think in 4 years you will be looking at a proud nurse. "

"Whatever. You leaving me. "

"Girl, you leaving too. You leaving in a week right?"

"Yeah. But all of this makes me sad. You and Chris are broken up. Everybody is leaving. "

"You'll be okay. Just think once you go to college you'll be training In the field of art. Your work will be every where Nicole. Maybe one day we will both be rich." she said.

"Shiiit. Maybe in our dreams. If were lucky maybe one day we can be living in huge mansions in California or Miami. Married and happy." I joked.

"Girl I don't think that's gonna happen."

she said.

"Maybe one day." I sighed.

------------

3 hours later

Everybody was piled outside in the front yard of my house. Me , Trey, my parents, Forrest, Maya, and some of our friends.

"Okay. I'll start" I said.

"Lilly you've been a great person in my life. As my cousin you played the role of my older sister. I know were the same age. But you've always been older in my mind. More mature. But I'm going to miss you sissy. I pray one day maybe we really can be rich . Living in huge mansions , with our husbands . Out in Cali or Miami. Its gonna be a while until I see you. Were gonna be on opposite sides of the country when I get in Atlanta . Hopefully next time I see you , you'll be a nurse . Helping all the kids you love. But thank you . Thank you for being here for me . When nobody else was here. Thanks for telling me about tremaine. Thanks for being my sissy. I love you Lilly Billy." I said as I wiped the tears from my eyes.

"I told you not to make me cry! I'm gonna miss my little sissy too! I love you and keep in touch. I hope we see each other. Making money. In cali or Miami. " everybody laughed.

Everybody gave there little speeches then she gave out hugs.

"Aww my big heads! I'm really gonna miss you two. Forrest treat Maya good, that's my boo. And tremaine I wish you the best in life." she said. She leaned in and whispered something into his ear. I didn't know what that was about. but I'd find out later.

"Bye Lilllllyyyy ! We love you!!! " Everybody screamed as she drove off into life. She was gone. Off to NewYork. I hope to see her in the long run.