Mary Sues PART TWO

{Kageyama is away to compete in nationals. Please don't mind his temporary absence}

Asiya:

Since my last chapter on Mary Sues, I actually went on YouTube and watched other people's explanations on the topic ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ

Dan:

I also did my set of research as well, so leeeeets get roooooooight into the nuuueewwwwwwws

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

*****

Asiya:

Many people in the comments of my chapter said that a mary sue is just a perfect character based on the author's ideals of whatnot, but you're actually able to make a "perfect" character without them being a mary sue if you have strong ideas.

What makes people dispise "perfect" OCs could mainly be that they can't relate to the character in any way, due to them having so many good qualities, they might as well be a god.

For those who has watched One Punch Man knows how extremely strong Saitama is, he could destroy the earth if he wanted to, but he has his fair share of problems without victimizing himself in an angsty way to make us pity him (like you would to Kaneki Ken or Eren maybe??). The writer really humblized his personality to balance out his physical strength, which makes Saitama really special and likeable.

Dan:

Our opinions of him would be quite different if he was praised and treated like a god for his strength.

You can make your character as strong or popular as you want, but you have to find balance. Too strong of an OC will make him/her annoying and boring and too flawed of an OC will be painful to read.

Let's see. . . "All Might" from Boku no Hero Academia is technically the strongest hero in the show, but he wouldn't be a Mary Sue because he has his weak points of his powers lasting for three hours.

Asiya:

Balance. . . Balance is key.

Mikasa is not a mary sue because there are times where she doesn't succeed. I'd say that her weakness is Eren. Anything that happens to him will effect her behvavior. Her mental strength isn't the best either.

Do you know who I think is a mary sue? Kirito from Sword Art Online.

I don't hate the guy--but he's just so popular among everyone, and the girls will literally do anything for him. He's hella strong and (I have to admit) he's not a stupid protagonist, like Luffy. He can easily adapt to any situation which allows him to solve his problems quicker.

Apparently, Reki Kawahara (SAO author) has improved his writing over the past few years, so maybe Kirito has a chance to be a reasonable character.

Dan:

What about Levi Ackerman? We don't know where his strength comes from, we all just accept the fact that he's just strong because he's Levi.

Asiya:

No one questions Levi because he's Levi ( ̄  ̄|||)

Dan:

Seriously? (# ̄0 ̄)

Asiya:

The show needs Levi or everyone will be dead.

If the characters in SNK were too flawed then the show will be painful to watch (」><)」

Dan:

So. . . . Levi gives us hope? 。.:☆*:・'(*⌒―⌒*)))

Asiya:

He actually might die a gruesome death (⇀‸↼‶) The stronger the character, the more violent their death will be since the enemies will try to out-violent them (」゜ロ゜)」

Dan:

Oh. . . . Σ(°△°|||)︴

Asiya:

(ノ_ヽ)  You guys should leave me suggestions on what to cover for my next chapter.

Dan:

*body slams onto floor* *existential crisis*(个_个)

Asiya:

SHIT ヽ( 'д'*)ノ