Three

Once we hooked our boards at the top of the rank I asked.
"What type of different are we talking about?"
"The good kind" she smirked as she went down.
The way she road her board was unbelievably good!
I'm kinda scared now!! It's a good thing I didn't bet anything!!

What if she's better than me? From what I see she is!

Once she made it to the other side she waved me to join her. I flipped my board riding it down, the fear in my body was over riding my skill, and I felt myself screw up. I came up to the other side beside her.
"Is that all you got?" She asked as a smile pealed her face.
"No" I stuttered.
"Then show me what your made of, Romeo!"
"O-ok" I sighed.
I decided to do a little flip at the bottom  and swerve a little. It may seem like I'm not doing much because I ain't, but that's not what it looks like ;)
I let the board guide it's self down the ramp with me on it as I bent down and grabbed the tip of the board as I did I double flip as I swerved up the rank. Once I hit the top of the rank she looked at me with a dropped mouth.

I knew it would work!!😉👌

She kicked her board down and did the exact same thing as me, when she came up beside me
she laughed "topical white boy"
"Shut up!" I laughed.

I..just..got...roasted.....

I felt my pocket vibrate.
I pulled my phone out to see I got a message from my mom.

Mom: Hey Wes!! Time for super be home asap. Don't make me come and drag your butt out of that rank AGAIN! I don't care who your dating😒 I'll be there if your not back in 20 min.

"What's wrong?" Hailey asked. I guess you could see the disappointment in my eyes.
"Ugh my mom, she wants me to come home" I sighed.
"Ahh"
"Yeah I gotta go"
As I started walking away I heard Hailey say "see you around, Romeo"
"See Ya" I laughed.
I got on my Penny board and skate away from the building and back to my house.
As soon as I got there I tossed my board to the ground and ran into the house.
"Running Weston!" My mother snapped.
"So-rry" I said in between breaths.
"Well come here" she said while pointing to the kitchen table.
I sighed as I walked in and took my seat.
"What are we eating?" I asked.
"Stake"
I nodded.
My mom passed out everyone's plates, as everyone came in and took there seats.
I dug my fork into my stake when I caught myself thinking of Hailey.
Her blue eyes, blond hair, killer style, feisty, and her cute since of humor.

"Weston?" A voice grabbed my attention. As I was pulled back into reality I seen everyone looking at me.
"Who's the girl?" My sister asked.
"There isn't one" I snapped.

How did she know there was a girl?

"Yeah sure" she paused "it's so obvious"
"No it's not!"
"Ohh so there is a girl" she snickered.

Danmm. How she so smart?

"I'm not stupid Wes!"
"Enough" my mom ended the convo.