Prologue

My name is Lacey and ever since I was a little girl something protected me from harm. Something supernatural and mysterious. Something I couldn't explain to anyone.

When I was four, a glass cabinet filled with glass ornaments fell on top of me. I should of been severely hurt but I wasn't. I made it out with only minor cuts and nothing else.

When I was seven, I was crossing a road with my mum and dad when a car came speeding towards me. They screamed as I stopped in the middle of road and closed my eyes waiting for death to come but it didn't. When I opened my eyes I was on the other side of the road safe with no injuries.

When I was fourteen, I was walking home from a friends house late at night when a man in a dark hoodie approached me and tried to hurt me. He punched me hard and threw me to the ground, again I closed my eyes and prepared for death which never came. The man disappeared and I was alone.

But I don't only feel this presence when I'm in danger. I can feel it following me when I'm out with friends or walking alone. It follows me but I don't know what it is.

Most people would be terrified but this presence makes me feel safe. I'm not afraid. This presence, whatever it is, has protected me throughout my life and is the reason I'm still alive. There has been so many times that I should of died but haven't. Instead something had saved me and spared my life but why? Why me?

I am determined to find this presence and get my answers.