Chapter 20

For the next few weeks, everything felt normal. Everyone was helping me control my gift and I was getting better at it, I was able control myself and calm myself down easier. There were some days were it was hard and I could feel myself loosing it but Namjoon would stand in front of me and tell me that it was time to breathe.

We were in the music room and I was lying on the floor with Hannah, Jamie and Leah watching the boys dance. I had officially been banned from freestyling as I am a health risk.

Hoseok was dancing with Jimin and Jungkook as we all sat and laughed at them. They really got in to the dances and took them so seriously which made us laugh even more. Namjoon wasn't in the room with us and I had no idea where he was.

As if on cue, Namjoon walked in wearing a suit. I looked at him questionablly, I had never seen him in a suit and it wasn't like we were having a party or anything.

"Woot Woot Namjoon" Hoseok shouted as Namjoon entered the room.

He got embarrassed as he made his way over to me. I looked up to him still really confused at why he was so dressed up. He held his hand out to me and pulled me up.

"Come with me?" Namjoon asked me.

"Where are we going?" I asked him.

"I'll tell you soon but you need to change in to something fancy" Namjoon told me.

"Why?" I asked him.

"Just do it please" he said. "It's frustrating enough that I can't make you"

I giggled and left the room, making my way up to my room. I raked through my wardrobe trying to find some sort of fancy outfit. Since getting the clothes, I hadn't really had a chance to see what I got.

After what seemed like forever, I finally settled on a off the shoulder red dress and black heels. My make up was more fancy with a shimmery eye shadow, eyeliner with a wing and a dark red lipstick. I curled the ends of my hair and grabbed my phone on the way out.

Namjoon was standing at the bottom of the stairs. He heard my heels clicking down the stairs, he turned his head and his jaw dropped. I giggled as I stepped off of the last step. In these heels, I was the nearly the same height as Namjoon.

"You look stunning" Namjoon told me putting his hand on my lower back and kissing my cheek.

"You look very smart" I said back to him. "Now tell me where we are going"

"Well I thought we could go on a date to a restaurant" said Namjoon leading me to the door.

"Are you sure I'm ready?" I asked as we stepped out of the house.

"Yes" he said to me. "Lacey you've done amazingly well with controlling yourself and your gifts. And I'll help you"

"But we don't eat" I told him.

"But we can pretend that the food is filling us. It's how we blend in to society" he said to me.

We walked through the woods but my shoes kept sinking in the mud. I groaned as I struggled to keep up with Namjoon. He turned to me and laughed.

"Let me help" Namjoon said squatting down so I could jump on his back.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

He nodded. I jumped on his back and he stood up and began running. The wind flowed through my hair as we made our way towards the city. It had been ages since I had been here and to be honest, I kind of missed it.

The city lights lit up the streets that were filled with people. Couples just like Namjoon and I walking hand in hand in to restraunts. Friends laughing and smiling which reminded me of the group back home. I smiled at the memories.