chapter 27

Running. Why was I running? I was in a white silk dress that reached my feet and had a small train at the back.

My hair was blowing behind me and I seen some white flower petals from a flower crown on my head.

I was barefoot too. I could feel the grass between my toes and on my feet.

There was a path with fine cut grass in front of me and tall golden flowers towering above me on either side.

Soon I felt my self falling. I was falling into a hole where it just kept getting darker and darker as I fell deeper and deeper. I started to hear a BEEP BEEP BEEP!! sound.

I woke up with a start. I was in my room with the covers and everything the same. I reached over and turned the alarm off.

Then the memories from last night came flooding back and I smiled.

I pushed off the covers and slid out of bed. Jackson probably went home after dropping me off last night.

I went downstairs and rubbed my eyes. I got to the living room and screamed.

I thought he had just gone and died in a hole or something but here he was. Sitting in my living room looking at me.

"Hi Ally," Drew said smirking. "No boyfriend to protect you this time."

I turned around and ran up the stairs. I could hear him get up and follow me. I went into my room and slammed the door, locking it.

He tried turning the knob and then started knocking. Knocks turned into bangs which turned into pounds.

I looked around for a place out and my eyes landed on the window. I looked out and thought I could go from my room to Alexia's. I looked around again and found my phone. I grabbed it and saw it was at one percent.

There was one text from Jackson and I unlocked it.

Staying home today. Don't feel like school. -Jackson

I started to text him back about Drew but my phone went black. I huffed and went to the window.

I opened it and leaned out as far as I could. I just barely reached the latch and pulled it up as hard as I could. It opened and I almost fell out.

I stepped out on the ledge and looked down. I looked back up quickly and breathed out a breath. I put my foot on Alexia's window sill and pushed off mine. I slammed my body against the window and pulled myself through the window. I sat on the floor and closed my eyes.

I stood back up and closed the window. I locked it and closed the curtains.

I ran across the hallway straight to Jackson's room. I opened the door and saw a lump on the bed. It moved up and down a couple times and I calmed down a little.

I heard something move downstairs and I ran and jumped in the bed.

Jackson jolted awake and looked at me.

I was breathing heavily and he sat up. He pulled me closer to him and asked what was wrong.

"D-Drew was in my house when I woke up this morning," I told him. His eyes went wide then they flashed with anger.

"Why and how'd you get in here?" He looked around.

"I didn't have time to ask while I was running to my room. He started trying to get in and I tried to text you but my phone died and I jumped through the window into Alexia's room and heard something downstairs and ran in here and now-" I rushed out in one breath.

"OK.Ok Calm down," He said.

"We just need to get out of here alright. Get an apartment or something I dunno but I want you far away from Drew," He said mostly reassuring himself.

I nodded. "I do need to leave... But after my dad...You know," I told him and he laughed a little.

"I have a question," I asked him. Then I shut my mouth and laughed.

"What?" He smiled.

"I was going to ask how you make me feel better. Even when I'm in the worst place," I laughed again.

"That's how I feel when I'm around you," He said and I smiled.

We started leaning closer and closer and were inches away when we heard a noise downstairs.

We pulled away and got out of his bed.

Then we heard a clash from the kitchen.

"Wait Ally. Don't go down there," He told me.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because... Um... If its Drew... I uh... Don't want you getting hurt," He stuttered. I narrowed my eyes at him but went back upstairs anyway.

I heard him go downstairs then I heard nothing.

I waited awhile and then I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. I jumped back onto Jackson's bed and hid under the covers. If it was Drew down there and its him coming up the stairs I'm hiding.

I heard the floor creak from the doorway and I held my breath.

Soon I felt something small jump on the bed and push its way under the covers. 

I felt something jump on me and I could feel the claws and hear its short pants.

I pushed the blanket off me and seen a small blond puppy with its tongue out and its front paws on my leg. Its tail was wagging and I smile instantly.

"Awwwwwwe!" I picked him up to my face. He licked it and squirmed. "Your a cutie," I then heard Jackson laugh and sit on the bed in front of me.

"Her name is Alynn," Jackson said as she jumped into his lap.

"When did you get her?" I asked watching the pup.

"yesterday after I dropped you off at your place," He said. "I drove around for a little while longer and seen the humane society."

"She is so cute," I said still smiling at the small crazy animal.

"Glad you think that...Mom," Jackson said handing Alynn to me.

"what?" I asked looking at him.

"He's not my dog. He's ours. Mine, yours, and maybe Alex's," He said. "Now. Let's go take her for a walk," He stood up and waited for me.