Chapter 16

After school I met Jackson at his locker.
He put his stuff in his locker and grabbed a duffle bag.
"Ready?" He asked.
I nodded and we walked to the field together.
There was guys already there and when we got there they turned toward us.
I shrunk back a little and stood behind Jackson.
"Hey Ryder," I blonde guy with a lip piercing said. Why do guys always call each other by there last names?(anyone comment as to why boys call each other by there last names) "who's this?" He motioned to me.
"This is Ally Summer's," Jackson pulled me out from behind him.
"Hey. I'm Andy," he shook my hand.
"Come on guys it's starting!" Another guy came running up to us. He was kinda cute with his chocolate brown eyes and jet black hair.
"Oh and this is Drake," Jackson said. Drake smiled at me and gave me a fist bump. "This is Ally,"
"Nice to meet you. Anyways it's starting,"
"Ok Ally just go sit over there and watch," Jackson said as all the guys ran to the dugout.
Baseball is the only sport I will actually sit and tolerate watching. I actually understand baseball.
When they were done throwing to each other the practiced hitting.
I saw Andy hit first. He hit it to left field and ran to second before another guy that I didn't know threw it to the pitchers mount.
Jackson was next to bat and he took his stance and swung a few times.
The pitcher threw the ball and Jackson hit it to the fence. It went a few feet over and he took off running. He got to home and so did Andy. He took his helmet off and ran his fingers through his sweaty hair.
He looked to me and pointed.
I smiled and clapped.

***

After practice Jackson took me to the hospital and stayed with me.
After my dad fell asleep I went home and Jackson came to my house.
I found out that my dad is going to have his first surgery in two days.
I was nervous and I'm not allowed to give him stress.
When we got settled in my bed i got on my phone for awhile.
I scrolled through my old text messages and saw Dylan's. I haven't talked to him in awhile. I made a mental note to call him tomorrow.
In the silence I heard Jackson whisper.
"Hey Ally?"
"Yeah?"
"Do you think you could sleep by yourself tomorrow?"
"Yeah sure I'll probably be at the hospital all day anyways,"
"Ok.... Goodnight,"
"Goodnight,"
I turned off my phone and quickly fell asleep.

***

The next morning I got up and the house was empty.
I guess he already left.
I heard my earthquake of a phone and I looked at the caller id.
It was Serina.
I answered and heard her and Britt's voice.
"Hey!!" They yelled.
"Hey,"
"What are you doing today?"
"Well I was going to go see my dad for awhile. Why?"
"We were wondering if you wanted to come shopping."
"Um... Yeah sure. What time?"
"Now!"
"Now? But- but my dad?!"
"We have everything scheduled from the stores to the cafè's to the bathroom breaks. We have to visit Mr. Summer's between 3 and 4:45. We've got it covered, we'll be there in ten,"
The line went dead.
Ok...
I ran upstairs and grabbed some clothes and threw them on.
I brushed my hair and pulled it up in a high ponytail.
I slipped on my converse and went to the front porch.
I sat on the porch swing and waited for them to show up.
As I was waiting I saw a sleek black corvette pull into Jackson's driveway.
After a second or two the door opened and a man with a tuxedo stepped out of the car. He had dark brown hair gelled back and some stubble on his chin but in a professional way.
I was a little to far to see but I'm pretty sure he had the exact same piercing green eyes as Jackson.
My mind was slow but I finally realized that was Jackson's father.