Chapter 5

"Did you hear that?"

"Hear what?" Jamie asked.

"Footsteps upstairs."

"No, but stay here and I will check to make you feel better."

"Okay, be careful." I said before he kissed my forehead leaving me on the couch.

            I sat there for about five minutes. I did hear footsteps, I know I did. Time was passing and I was worried. Soon I heard footsteps approaching. I turned to look and it was Jamie.

"Nothing was up there. I did a thorough search."

"Nothing?"

"Nothing. Will you calm down now?" Jamie said as he sat down next to me.

"Fine, I will calm down, but I swear something…"

"Drop it. Just drop it Poppy. Nothing weird is happening." Jamie said.

"That's what you think." I said under my breath.

"What?"

"Nothing. You are probably right." I said curling up in Jamie's arms.

            The movie was almost over when the doorbell rang. I got up to get it leaving Jamie sitting on the couch. I opened the door and found Landon.

"Hey, I didn’t expect to see you."

"Oh, I was just in the neighborhood and thought I would drop by."

"Yeah, come in." I said.

            We walked back into the T.V. room and Jamie stood up immediately.

"So I see you and Jamie are back to normal." Landon said.

"Yup, completely." I said walking closer to Jamie.

"I guess I should go then…" Landon said trailing off.

"No, stay! Please you helped me so much. Stay." I said.

"You sure?"

"Yeah, totally. Jamie wouldn’t mind it, would you Jamie?"

"No, it's all good." Jamie said.

            We all sat down on the couch, me in the middle. Mom came in with snacks and was surprised to see Landon. Dad got home soon after Landon arrived. Jamie and Landon seemed on edge. I went to get more snacks and listened in to see if they started to talk. I couldn’t hear anything because they turned the TV up.

            *                                              *                                                          *

"Why don't you just leave." Jamie said.

"Are you kidding me? I can't leave her here with you. We need her."

"No, we need her, and she is my friend anyway, not yours Landon."

"Friend? That's sweet. Just wait until she finds out everything. Whose side do you honestly think she will choose?"

"Not the side of a monster."

"Really? I thought you were the monster, my mistake."

"Get out. Now." Jamie said angrily.

"Let's not fight in this house. Let's take this somewhere else, and heck, bring the whole crew and we will fight it out and see who is better!" I said before rushing out the room slamming the front door as I left.