Chapter 13

I looked back to Connor and Jamie and Jamie looked tense. Connor motioned for me to come back to them.

"Jamie, is it a ghost? What's going on?" I whispered anxiously.

"I have a feeling its Landon and his kind… But honestly I am not completely sure." Jamie said, starting to shift into his skeleton form with the bone coming out as an extension of his arm.

            Jamie motioned for us to wait here. Connor kept a very protective stance in front of me, constantly looking in every direction to any noise. The tension in the air was almost unbearable. Jamie eventually made his way back to me. He said that the coast was clear and whatever it was was gone. I still didn’t feel quite safe. I went into the kitchen and grabbed a dinner knife.

"It's for protection." I defended.

"Okay…just be careful." Jamie said eyeing the knife.

"We need a plan. I just… I don’t feel safe even with the two of you here protecting me." I said shyly.

"We would give our lives to save you and protect you. Also I am dead so I can't really get hurt, technically. I can take anything, okay?" Jamie said putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Okay…" I said putting the knife away.           

            Another ring came from the doorbell. Immediately I picked the knife back up. Jamie was already at the door ready for whatever was behind it. He opened it and there was no one there. Jamie cursed in frustration. Walking up next to Jamie I spotted a person leaning against a car across the street. It wasn’t Landon though… Jamie noticed where I was looking and growled. He walked out of the house, and right up to the guy. I stood there in the doorway holding a knife watching Jamie and some other guy get in an argument.

            Walking back over Jamie motioned for the guy to follow him. I got a better look at him once he was closer and he was hot! I mean like really hot. At least in my opinion. He had shaggy black hair with piercing blue eyes. He had snake bites and had the most adorable smile. I felt myself freezing up. He laughed when he saw me holding a knife.

"Hey there Poppy!" He said smiling and tilting his head in a cute way.

"C'mon Poppy, get back in the house and put the knife away." Jamie said pushing me in and taking the knife away from me.

"My name is Alex. I am a Walking Skeleton like Jamie here." Alex said smiling.

"Oh…" I said realizing he was dead…

"What are you doing here Alex?" Jamie inquired eyeing him suspiciously.

"Nothing. Just following orders." Alex said.

"Well, go away. She can't save us yet. We are trying to figure that out right now." Jamie said gritting his teeth.

            I haven't seen Jamie mad…ever, besides when he sees Landon... I've seen him hurt, upset, happy, but never angry. Alex looked like he was getting a kick out of Jamie's anger.

"I am not going anywhere, not when this beauty is here before us." Alex said looking at me. I felt my face go red. He laughed.

"Stay away from her." Jamie said standing in front of me protectively. Connor also got in front of me too.

"I don't know who you think you are but stay away from my sister!" Connor spat at Alex.

"Over react much?" Alex said brushing it off.

"Just go back to headquarters okay? We don't need you here." Jamie said coldly.

"I have orders to kill her." Alex said flatly. My eyes widened.