Chapter 7

I woke up in Jamie's arms, and he looked terrible. Not from his red face with tears still rolling down it, but from the cuts all over him. There was a gash on his cheek and one on his chest. His leg was bitten I would say by the number of punctures. I started to cry seeing how hurt he was.

"Jamie." I said between tears.

"Poppy, are you okay? I am so sorry I left. I was just angry. I am sorry. Please forgive me." Jamie said, starting to cry again.

"It's not your fault; I was stupid to go up there." I said.

"You wouldn’t have gone in there if I hadn’t run away." Jamie said still holding me.

"It didn’t mean to hurt me I think." I said.

"What?"

"It whimpered after it saw what it did to my wrist."

"Well, it is gone, I drove it out."

"How?"

"I opened a window and got it to run…but not without a fight."

"You look terrible, you need a doctor."

"Trust me when I say I'll be fine."

"How?"

"Do you trust me?"

"Yes…"

"So believe me when I say I don't need a doctor. But you on the other hand need to clean that cut. Come on." Jamie said helping me up.

            I wondered why no one knew what had happened. We went down stairs and mom, dad and Connor just walked in. So they left…no wonder. They look horror struck when they saw us.

"What happened?! Are you two okay?" mom said rushing up to us evaluating the damage. Dad got out the emergency kit.

"What happened?"

"A wolf got in here." Jamie said.

"A wolf? How?" my mother asked looking shocked.

"There was a dead animal in your back yard that attracted it. It somehow got in and I came back when I heard Poppy scream."

"Thank goodness you were here!" my mother said hugging him, and then releasing seeing that Jamie was cut.

"George take care of Poppy, I will take care of Jamie here." Mom said.

"I am fine, really." Jamie said smiling.

"Then why is your face red from crying?"

"I was worried about Poppy." Jamie said.

"What happened to you?"

"He fought it off." I said.

"You what? That was brave but very stupid! George we need to take them to a doctor."

"I can go on my own." Jamie said getting up and walking out of the door before anyone could stop him.

"Connor go get Jamie!" mom exclaimed. Connor went out the door and came back in.

"He's gone."

"George get in the car we need to make sure this isn’t infected, luckily it isn’t too deep, but it is still really bad. It looks as though you cut up your wrist!" mom said pushing me along to the car.

*                                              *                                                          *