Chapter 6

I got up and saw that Jamie wasn’t on the floor. I looked through my room and in the hall and he was nowhere to be found. I got in a shower and got dressed. I went downstairs to pack my bag, and found him sitting there.

"How long have you been awake?"

"Long enough." Jamie said trying to smile.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, fine."

"You aren’t fine. I know you too well. Is it my brother?"

"Eh…I don’t know."

"Jamie…what's wrong?"

"I don't know." Jamie said defeated.

"Actually, I do know. I am not going to school today. I need to see someone. I will drop by after school okay? And I'll drop you off too." Jamie said. I nodded.

            I got in the car and wondered what was wrong with Jamie. I hope my brother didn’t do anything too traumatizing. No wonder Jamie ignored me; if my brother did what he did to Jamie last night Jamie had every right to ignore me. Jamie was scared. I walked into school and waved goodbye to Jamie. I really hope he feels better. I bumped into Landon as I entered the school and didn’t know how to react.

"No Jamie?"

"No, didn’t feel well today."

"Oh, sorry to hear that. Also I am sorry about the other day, just a lot of tension between Jamie and me." Landon said.

"It's okay, but maybe Jamie is the one you should say sorry to? Anyways, how you doing?"

"Fine, and you?"

"Connor stayed over and is still at the house. Let's just say he and Jamie do not get a long at all."

"I would imagine so…" Landon said under his breath.

"Want to let me walk you to class?" Landon said.

"Sure, why not." I said heading to my locker.

*                                              *                                                          *

"How are you feeling? I haven’t seen you in a while. Is everything okay?"

"No. Poppy's brother hates me. But that isn’t the root of my problem."

"What is?" Ryan my therapist asked.

"I am angry, at myself and at the world. I can't explain why though."

"You haven’t hurt yourself have you?"

"I stopped doing that a long time ago. It's pointless and disgusting. I would never do that again. I just want to escape."

"To where?"

"Anywhere…I want to get away from my family and stay with Poppy and her family."

"You can't do that though."

"I know…but I hate my parents."

"You haven’t forgiven them?"

"No."

"But your father cares about you; he made sure you saw me when you were going through that tough time."

"I know, but it doesn’t matter."

"How is sleeping?"

"It's gotten bad again."

"Why? Nightmares?"