Chapter 16: 1st Day...Oh Boy!

1 week later...

AJ, Amy, Zora and Tom raced through Target to the aisle with the backpacks. AJ grabbed a gray bag with a sports car and Zora found a purple and olive green one with a matching tumbler. Tom liked a blue bag with stars and Amy squealed as she hugged a red and black skull and crossbones backpack to her chest.

"Ooh! I want this one!" AJ stated excitedly.

Tony grinned."Add it to the cart AJ," he said.

"Like father like son,' Ziva commented with a smile.

AJ happily obeyed. Zora placed hers in the cart as well.

Tom walked to his father and placed his choice into the cart that he was pushing.

Amy squealed as she held up a matching notebook and pencil case. Tom chuckled at his sister. They gathered the needed supplies and miscellaneous things that fit their liking.

At last, the most exciting part arrived: the clothes.

Of course Tony and Tim were beyond confused at buying things for Zora and Amy. Ziva and Abby rolled their eyes and took the girls to the girl's clothes department while the men took the boys. Ziva subtly eyed a nice flowy skirt thinking Zora didn't notice her amused smirk.

"Do not even think about it," Zora firmly stated.

"I do not know what you are talking about," Ziva answered nonchalantly. She knew that her daughter would sooner swim across the Atlantic than wear a skirt in public.

"Mama, I am not wearing a skirt," Zora declared.

"Alright. Alright, no skirts," Ziva said putting her hands up in mock defeat. Zora nodded seriously.

"Aww Zora, wear a skirt with me! We could be matchers!" Amy grinned, holding up two denim skirts.

Zora raised an eyebrow, arms crossed. Amy shrugged. "Or not," Amy said, making the agents laugh.

Ziva and Abby left the aisle with the girls' choices and favorites.

Meanwhile in the boy's department...

AJ pointed to a T-shirt. "How about that one?" he asked.

Tony chuckled and shook his head. "AJ, that shirt is too inappropriate," Tony said.

He had a point. The shirt read 'Bitch Please!' in big black letters on a white background with the Yao Ming meme on it. Ziva would strangle Tony with the shirt if he bought it.

AJ sighed. "Fine," he said in defeat.

He had found other pretty cool and funny graphic T-shirts and he had chosen a blue one with 'Gangnam Style!' on it to wear for the first day.

Tom had settled on T-shirts also. He was wiser in his choices, settling on a Despicable Me shirt with Minions on it for the first day.

When checking out, Ziva smiled in approval at the choices that AJ had picked out. AJ smirked at Tony who smirked back.

~*~NCIS~*~

At the David-DiNozzo household...

Soon, the day that they had all been waiting for had arrived.

Zora slid down the banister in excitement. Ziva caught her by the arm at the bottom of the stairs and looked at her sternly. She'd had to warn her almost everyday not to slide down the stair banister.

"Sorry Mama. I am just excited," she apologized sheepishly.

Ziva's glare softened and she smoothed a stray curl from Zora's forehead.