Guts Part 1

"Hey, are you alive in there?" the voice asked through the radio. 

Spencer being closest to it grabbed it first. "We're okay" he replied chipper. 

"Spencer give Rick the radio" Quinn ordered. Quickly Rick moved from where he sat and grabbed the radio from Spencer's hand. 

"Hello? Hello?" 

"There you are. You had me wondering" the voice of the unknown person exhaled, glad to hear they were alive.

"Where are you? Outside? Can you see us right now?" Rick asked, his eyes flickering between Quinn and Spencer. His breath was heavy as he continued to speak.

"Yeah, I can see you. You're surrounded by walkers. That's the bad news" the voice warned.  

"There's good news?" Quinn and Rick questioned in sync. Quinn moved from where she was leaning against the tank wall to be closer to Rick. Hoping the voice was going to bring some good news they could cling on to. 

"No" the voice huffed. 

"Listen, whoever you are, I don't mind telling you we're a little concerned in here" Rick continued.

"Oh man. You should see it from over here. You'd be having a major freak-out" the man said, voice slightly shaky.

"Not helping man" Quinn huffed pushing Rick's finger down on the button while she spoke, before realising it.   

"Got any advice for us?" Rick asked, hoping he'd have something of use to say. 

"Yeah, I'd say make a run for it"

"That's it? "Make a run for it"?" Rick said. Quinn closed her eyes and shook her head disappointingly. She didn't see how making a run for it would work. They were surrounded, if they ran they could get scratched, ganged up on, knocked to the ground and bit.

"You've got eyes on the outside here. There's one geek still up on the tank but the others have climbed down and joined the feeding frenzy where the horses went down. Okay, the street on the other side of the tank is less crowded. If you move now while they're distracted, you stand a chance.  You got ammo?" the voice spoke quickly. 

"In that duffel bag I dropped out there, and guns. Can I get to it?" Rick questioned.

"It's fine" Quinn said, pressing Rick's finger on the button again. "I've still got all my bags, it's just Rick's that are gone. I've ammo and guns. Gonna be a bit slow running though with all that extra weight" 

"Forget the other bag then. What you got?" the man asked. 

Quinn slid the bags over to her. In Spencer's backpack was ammo, the medical supplies and clothing. In her backpack was more medical supplies, clothes, water. Then there was two duffel bags. One contained the guns they'd gotten from the station. The other was Quinn's original. It held knives, brass knuckles that had spikes on the end, though she didn't like getting that close to a walker. On her back remained her Nagamaki on her side was her Haladie, along with a gun in it's holster. On her thighs were two more guns. They had been her original weapons, now she had a heck of a lot more. "We got a bag full of guns and ammo. Three smaller handguns and some quieter weapons and Rick found one inside the tank" she listed through the radio. Rick shuffled back over to the dead body where he found a grenade. He looked back at Quinn and shook his head, saying not to reveal what'd found over the radio.

"Okay use the quieter ones first, they won't notice you as much rather than lots of guns going off" he advised them. "Jump off the right side of the tank, keep going in that direction. There's an alley up the street, maybe 50 yards. Be there"