Vatos Part 2

They carefully stepped through the window and into the alley and across to the shell of a large brick building with no interior and no roof. Rick pushed the kid into the lead and they walk through the building toward the double doors. Rick quickly scanned every opening. All of them on the alert for any threat. Rick, Daryl and Quinn stand several feet back from the kid with their guns and Daryl's crossbow aimed at him. He stopped about fifteen feet in front of the doors and slowly they open. Several figures stayed inside, obscured by the shadows. One man slight in build, stepped forward from the shadows.

"You okay, little man?" he asked.

"They're gonna cut off my feet, Carnal" the kid taddled.

"Cops do that?"

"Not him. This redneck puto here. He cut off some dude's hand, man. He showed it to me" the kid continued.

"Pendejo" Quinn muttered under her breath, tightening her grip on her hand gun.

"Shut up" Daryl told the kid.

"Hey, that's that vato right there, homes. He shot me in the ass with an arrow. What's up, homes, huh?" a guy said stepping out of the shadows holding up a gun at Daryl.

"Chill, ese, Chill. Chill" he said, the first man they were presuming was G, said to the other as he placed his hand on the man's arm lowering the gun. "This true? He wants Miguelito's feet? That's pretty sick, man" he asked Rick

"We were hoping more for a calm discussion"

"That hillbilly jumps Felipe's little cousin, beats on him, threatens to cut off his feet, Felipe gets an arrow in the ass and you want a calm discussion? You fascinate me" G said, sarcastically.

"Heat of the moment. Mistakes were made on both sides" Rick excused. While the guys were talking Quinn kept an eye out making sure no one from the shadows made any risky moves.

"Who's that dude to you anyway? You don't look related" G asked.

"He's one of our group, more or less. I'm sure you have a few like him"

"You got my brother in there?" Daryl asked hopefully

"Sorry, we're fresh out of white boys. But I've got an Asian. You interested?" G teased, smirking at them.

"I have one of yours, you have one of mine. Sounds like an even trade" Rick offered. At all times they kept their weapons up. They weren't giving the others any chances to try and pull a fast one.
"Don't sound even to me"

"G. Come on, man" the kid begged.

"My people got attacked. Where's the compensation for their pain and suffering?" G questioned, More to the point, where's my bag of guns?"

"Guns?" Rick asked. Quinn found herself rolling her eyes. His bag of guns, they weren't his.

"The bag Miguel saw in the street. The bag Felipe and Jorge were going back to get. That bag of guns"

"You're mistaken" Rick nodded.

"I don't think so"

"About it being yours" Rick clarified. "It's my bag of guns"

"The bag was in the street. Anybody could come around and say it was theirs. I'm supposed to take your word?" G asked.

"The duffel bag says Sheriff on the side. He's wearing the uniform ain't he? Correct me if I'm wrong, but somehow I don't seen you being a police officer, so that bag ain't yours" Quinn challenged him, her glare stern.

"She's got quite the mouth" G said, looking at Rick. "What's to stop my people from unloading on you right here and now and I take what's mine?" he asked. All the people behind him raising their guns threateningly.