TS-19 Part 1

They all stood for a moment staring at the doors that had just opened, revealing a beam of light. Rick had been right, knowing there was someone in there. Quinn had seen the camera move herself. She wasn't going to let the other say she was seeing things. She wasn't delusional like Jim had become, she knew what she saw and both she and Rick had proved them when the doors opened.

"Daryl, you cover the back" Shane ordered as they began to enter the building. 

Daryl nodded as he let Quinn's arm go. Quickly Quinn moved back up to stand beside Rick, where she had been before getting pulled away.

"Hello? Hello" Rick called out as they walked forward. 

"Close those doors. Watch for walkers" Dale warned as the group entered what seemed to be a lobby. Glancing around it was clear to see it was empty, possibly for some time. They kept their weapons ready just in case. The building was big, the ceiling very high, it seemed secure on first instinct. 

"Hello?" Rick repeated, hoping to get any response. 

The echoing sound of a gun cocking, had them all raise their guns. Up ahead standing in a doorway, a man held a rifle in his hands. "Anybody infected?" 

"One of our group was. He didn't make it" Rick answered honestly. Quinn didn't know why Rick had bothered to mention Jim. He wasn't of importance anymore, not one that this stranger needed to know of anyway.

"Why are you here? What do you want?" the stranger asked walking down a few steps away from the door he previously stood at.

"A chance" Rick's breath was shaking lightly as he spoke. It was probably due to him having been yelling outside at the camera and worrying the doors weren't going to open. 

"That's asking an awful lot these days" the stranger said, walking closer to the group.

"I know"

The man took a few more steps towards them. His eyes seemed to scan over everyone, making Quinn more wiry about him.

"You all submit to a blood test. That's the price of admission" he explained.

"We can do that" Rick assured him.

The man lowered his weapon before speaking again. "You got stuff to bring in, you do it now. Once this door closes it stays closed" They all ran through the doors and follow him, until they came to an elevator. He scanned a car before talking again. "VI, seal the main entrance. Kill the power up here" Rick introduced himself, hand out to the man to shake. "Dr. Edwin Jenner" he introduced ignoring Rick's hand before they entered the elevator.

"Doctors always go around packing heat like that?" Daryl asked from the back of the elevator.

" There were plenty left lying around. I familiarized myself. But you look harmless enough" he shrugged, his eyes moving to Carl. "Except you, I'll have to keep my eye on you" Carl smiles back at him, entertained. 

Once out of the elevator Jenner began to them down a hallway. "Are we underground?" Carol asked as they walked.

"Are you claustrophobic?" Jenner questioned.

"A little"

"Try not to think about it" he advised her. 

"Not very helpful for a doctor" Quinn muttered under her breath. Carol hearing her chuckled lightly shaking her head. At least that made her feel a little better.

They enter the large darkened space, though in the darkness Quinn could make out that it was empty. All apart from them, having just entered. "VI, bring up the lights in the big room" Jenner called out to the system operating the building. "Welcome to Zone 5"