TS-19 Part 2

The main screen changed to show the upper shoulders and head of the subject. The screen skews to a horizontal view then increased the magnification. The image became more and more detailed. The magnification showed the Inside the skull. It appeared to be lit with bright blue threads of energy. Some areas are denser with light than others but there are lighted threads throughout the skull. The detail zoomed in until the threads become closer and pulses of light can be distinguished. Quinn like the other's looked to in intrigued and curious.

"What are those lights?" Shane asked.

"It's a person's life—experiences, memories. It's everything. Somewhere in all that organic wiring, all those ripples of light, is you—the thing that makes you unique and human"

"You don't make sense ever?" Daryl questioned, folding his arms.

"Those are synapses. Electric impulses in the brain that carry all the messages. They determine everything a person says does or thinks from the moment of birth to the moment of death" Jenner continued.

"Death? That's what this is, a vigil?" Rick queried as he approached the doctor.

"Yes. Or rather the playback of the vigil"

"This person died? Who?" Andrea asked.

"Test subject 19. Someone who was bitten and infected... and volunteered to have us record the process. VI, scan forward to the first event" Jenner responded.

The screen shows a message "Scanning Forward" The brain had lights still flickering in the outer areas but the center has become dark as if black roots were growing inside.

"What is that?" Glenn asked, the question they were all wondering as they watched the screen.

"It invades the brain like meningitis. The adrenal glands hemorrhage, the brain goes into shutdown, then the major organs. Then death. Everything you ever were or ever will be...gone" Jenner explained.

Sophia looked up to her mother "Is that what happened to Jim?"

"Yes"

Andrea's had tears in her eyes that caught Jenner's attention.

"She lost somebody two days ago. Her sister" Lori explained.

"I lost somebody too. I know how devastating it is" Jenner consoled her.

Quinn's mouth open as she watched. Had they simply forgotten about her, she shook her head in disappointment as she looked downward.

"So did Quinn" Rick added, his eyes turned to look back at Lori. He himself was slightly disappointed that she hadn't mentioned it. When she said it was something she felt horrible about, yet didn't think to mention it. "Her brother" He looked over to Quinn as she raised her gaze, he nodded to her and gave her a light smile. He was going to be there for her, he wanted her to know that.

"Two losses" Jenner muttered shaking his head. "Scan to the second event" he ordered the VI and it followed the orders. "The resurrection times vary wildly. We had reports of it happening in as little as three minutes. The longest we heard of was eight hours. In the case of this patient, it was two hours, one minute... seven seconds"

A red glow flickered at the base of the brain. The rest remained dark. Random sparks shoot out into the larger area of the brain but no further lights grow.

"It restarts the brain?" Lori asked.

" No, just the brain stem. Basically it gets them up and moving"

"But they're not alive?" Rick inquired.

"You tell me" Jenner said, gesturing to the screen.

Rick shook his head. "It's nothing like before. Most of that brain is dark"