Chapter sixteen.

Girlfriend.

Brooke.

Math class was just becoming more and more dull, the constant droning on about trigonometric values, analytic geometry and god knows what else.

It's become so boring that not even Luke can save me from my thoughts wandering elsewhere and my need to be anywhere but here. Well my mind wasn't exactly wandering elsewhere, it was somewhere, thinking about someone. Mr. Hood.

I keep on thinking about yesterday and how he was so kind, and how he didn't think I was a lost cause, someone with no sense of direction, no drive. I've heard it all before, I've heard it so many times that it no longer bothers me that people think of me as someone with no where to go, who's not going to get anywhere in life.

Hearing that I did have potential, and could actually get somewhere in life was something different, something that made me feel different. And I guess I sort of believed him. It's stupid and I see that each time that I think back to yesterday but it's not my fault. When someone who means something to you tells you that you can do amazing things, you just believe them no matter how wrong they are, no matter how much your conscience tells you otherwise, no matter how much you, yourself knows that it is a lie.

"Brooke I know for a fact that you aren't stupid, stop beating yourself up for having issues with something, because if we all did that we'd all be living in a world of self-loathing and depression."

I smiled at that, the confidence he has in me, the belief that I can do better, the way that he makes me want to believe that it's all true, and that I truly am destined for greatness.

It seems like forever ago, when I had that kind of confidence in myself. And how I wish I had it now.

I turned to look at Luke, he immediately sent a smile my way, and momentarily made me forget about my worries.

Luke reached beside his desk and held his hand out to me, he held my hand giving it a small squeeze and a look to ask if everything was alright, which I happily nodded to. It may not be true but I'd rather break down at home or something, not at school and defiantly not in front of my soon-to-be-boyfriend.

I was nearing the end of English class and I can't lie, I'm kinda bummed. English has been pretty good today. I got some of my essay approved by Mr. Hood, Jake and I talked more about his old school and about his old life, we even have similar music tastes and and like the same movies.

My phone went off informing me that I had a text. I quickly glanced over at it and saw that it was Luke.

Lukey💖😘: Hey Brooke I was wondering if you wanted to go out for lunch?

Me: Yeah sure

Me: Wait y didn't u text on the group chat

Lukey💖😘: Cuz it's just gonna be us

Me: So we're ditching our squad? U know in some places u could get shot for that

Lukey💖😘: Yeah we're ditching them, and rlly?

Me: Nah just wanted to scar u

Lukey💖😘: rOOd! Anyways we're going on a romantic lunch for 2

Me: Awe