Chapter seven.

Diner.

Brooke

"So Brooke, your almost eighteen now, correct?" Amanda asked as we drove to the restaurant.

"Um, yeah." I answered. Why did she care?

"Your graduating this year right?"

"Yeah."

"So what job do you want?"

"I don't know, i just want to graduate collage and maybe do some freelance photography before actually getting a job." I answered. I knew that I should have an idea of what I wanted to be by now, but I just didn't. I was more of the 'go with the flow' kind of girl, so planning wasn't something usual for me.

"Don't you want to go into business like your father? You know he's eventually going to get the company, so he'll need someone to pass it down to." Amanda said smiling through the rear view mirror.

"Business isn't really my forte, so that's out of the question." I quipped. I wanted this little 'chat' to be over and it literally just started!

Like Jesus Christ, was this woman a gold digger? I honestly didn't know much about her, not that I wanted to anyways, but she obviously picked the wrong gold mine.

"So are there any boys who've caught your eye?"

"W-what?" I choked.

"You know, any guys you like?"

"No." I lied, now thinking of Luke. But then again I think of him on a daily basis.

"Your dad told me you have a group of friend which are mostly guys so I was just thinking maybe you had a thing for one of them." What is she trying to say?

"Nah, my squad is just that. None of us see each other like that." Lies.

Why wasn't my dad helping me? It's like he wanted to know too!

"So do you, you know, swing for the other team?" Amanda asked taking pauses and stuttering every now and then. Was she a homophobe? What the hell?

"No I don't 'swing for the other team' but if I did would there be a problem?" I asked quoting her.

"No."

"Good." Because it not your job to judge me, your not my mother. Is what I wanted to say.

I decided to look busy and texted the boys.

Me: Amanda is interrogating me! Save me!

Ash: Where are you?

Me: In the car.

Luke: My poor Brooklyn!

Mikey: Your royally screwed! Have fun!

Me: I will beat you to death with a rusty spork!

Mikey: I'm so scared!

Luke: I think you should be, rusty metal in your blood stream is really dangerous!

Ash: Shut up Luke.

Me: Shit were almost there!

Mikey: Have fun with papa and step-mama! And say hi to papa bear for me.

Me: Eff off Mikey! Duces boys!

Ash: Goodbye my love, good luck

Me: Thanks ashy elbows!