Chapter six.

English help.

Brooke

Once school was over I contemplated ditching the tutoring help from Mr. Hood, but quickly realized that that would be stupid as shit. I'm not going to lie I would be royally screwed if I didn't pass lit arts.

Mr. Hood was the only hope I had for graduating. So whether I like it or not I have to get this done.

I walked to my locker quickly getting rid of the books that I didn't need, which was all but my English notebooks, and made my way over to Mr. Hood's classroom.

I walked in knocking the already open door to signal that I was here. But the class was empty, and the lights were off.

"Mr. Hood?" I called, turning on the light to see better.

Mr. Hood was nowhere to be found, which kind of scared me.

"Boo." I heard a voice come from behind me, causing me to jump. I turned around to see Mr. Hood smirking.

"You scared the living crap out of me!" I yelled slapping his arm. He probably didn't even feel it since his biceps were huge!

"So violent." Mr. Hood said chuckling and walking to my usual desk and then taking a seat.

I stared at him like he was some kind of freak accident. He just looked so big in the school chair, his legs extending out from in front of the desk. I took the seat beside him and got out my English note book.

"So let's see what you need help with." Mr. Hood said in a hushed voice, as if we were to keep our activities a secret from the classroom.

"Let's." I replied.

We've been working on my essay writing for almost an hour, and we were going nowhere.

"I can't!" I whined, Mr. Hood has been trying to teach me how to write in his kind of style and it wasn't working, I couldn't write like him and honestly speaking, I didn't want to. It's no who I am it's not my style and it wouldn't feel like me.

"Okay forget this, do you like movies?" Mr. Hood asked.

"What the hell? Where'd that come from?" I asked, like who changes the subject just like that.

"Do you like movies? Specifically James Franco movies?" Mr. Hood asked again, he was probably as frustrated as I am, if not more.

"Yeah, what does that have to do with anything?"

"The movie True Story, starring James Franco, Jonah Hill and a bunch of other lesser known actors and actresses was about a man who murdered his entire family and tried to use a reporter to get out of jail, the murderer learns to write like the reporter, think like him and finally become him. I think that if we try, you could be the criminal and I'll be your reporter." Mr hood explained.

Luckily I watched the movie a while ago, so there were no spoilers an although he had a good point, I didn't have to like it.

"No. I don't want that, I want to write, think and only be myself. Are you forgetting the fact that the criminal lost himself since he was constantly playing the reporter." I said. I had no problem with him helping me with my writing, but my thought process is a whole different story.