Five

Chapter Five

Deja Wilson

Jack seems pretty mad about my boyfriend news. I wouldn't be too thrilled either if I found out a guy that I liked had a girlfriend. Not saying he likes me- but sometimes he can be a little flirty.

Friends. I still have to remember we're just friends.

"Are you sure you can't have one drink? It isn't fun if you don't," Jack said, trying to convince me.

"I don't know," I shrugged.

"Here, I'll go get you something to drink, you'll be fine I swear," He walked into the house, and I watched as he poured me some beer. Ew.

"Jack, why?" I shook my head as he walked towards me with the drink.

"You'll be fine, take it," He placed the disgusting drink in my hand, grinning.

"You aren't trying to drug me right?"

"Damn Deja! Did you seriously just ask that?" He gasped, laughing hysterically.

"I'm kidding-I'm kidding," I shook my head repeatedly, "I know you'd never do that."

"Good, come on let's go have some fun," He grabbed my arm pulling me back inside the house.

Conor set up his concert equipment and was basically putting on a live show for everyone. But it was obvious he was only doing it to impress Katie.

"Katie, how's it going?" I snuck away from Jack for the slightest second as one of his friends brought up a conversation.

"It's great, I've always dreamed of this moment," She squealed, covering her mouth so only I could hear her.

"Katie, you met Conor yesterday."

"I know! I'm talking about a personal concert, it's always been a dream of mine," She said, smiling wider than ever before.

"Katie, what's your favorite song?" Conor wrapped his arm around her shoulder, causing her to blush.

"U-Uh, anything actually," She stuttered, "There's probably not one song you sing badly."

"Aw thank you, I bet you're an amazing singer as well," He chuckled.

It was kind of entertaining watching them flirt with each other, but as time grew by, I started becoming a little uncomfortable.

"Conor," Jack approached us after saying goodbye to his tall friend. His hands were in his pocket and for some reason, he wouldn't stop smiling.

"Hi Jack; I'm going to sing a song for you okay Katie?" He cleared his throat, totally ignoring Jack's arrival. He walked towards the microphone seeming a little nervous.

"He totally likes you," I whispered into Katie's ear.

"You really think so?" She gasped, being a little too girly, "I'm sorry if it's too soon, but I really like him!"

"I know-I know, It's totally fine," I shook my head in agreement, "You guys would be cute together anyways."

"B-But, we live far away Deja," She sighed, looking down at her feet, "What if we never see each other again."