Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

Deja Wilson

Jack has officially fucked up my world. How the hell am I supposed to tell people I'm pregnant? Mr. Fuck himself will most likely be happy, but Michael- and my parents!

The entire ride home I was in tears, shaking exceedingly. Once Michael found out about this, he's for sure going to break up with me.

No wonder I was in so much pain, I have a human growing inside of me.

I wasn't planning on telling Jack yet, although he is the father. As much as I don't want to talk to Jack ever again, I have too for our babies sake.

Once I'm home, I lock all the doors. Planning on thinking everything through before someone randomly shows up at my house.

The person I really needed to talk to right now was my mom. She is going to be mad at me, but I know she understands and wants to help me.

I couldn't do this by myself. I was only twenty one, I fucking graduated high school like three years ago.

Me: Mom, please come over ASAP it's very important

Mom: On my way, what's wrong?

Me: I tell you when you get here.

I wait nervously on my living room carpet. Squeezing my legs tight and rocking back and forth.

All I wanted was for Michael to read my mind, and be okay with this dumb mistake Jack and I made.

My mom arrives quickly, and enters my house in a panic, "Dej, what's wrong?"

My only reaction was crying, I couldn't believe this was happening.

"Mom come here," I mumble softly, motioning her to come my way.

She sits on the ground next to me, and rests her arm on my back, "Baby, tell me what's wrong."

I look her dead in the eye, and whisper, "I'm pregnant mom."

I knew she believed me. But she was in complete shock.

"No, that can't be. You and Michael are very careful," She shakes her head.

"Mom," I take a deep breath, "You're going to fucking hate me after I tell you this."

"What the hell did you do?"

"The baby isn't Michael's. When I was in London, I met this guy named Jack. We started hanging out. The next day we went to a party and got super drunk," I explain.

"What are you saying?"

"The baby is Jack's! Mine and Jack's!" I say boldly, causing her to jolt backwards.

"Oh my god, I can't believe you," She shrieks, "That's what guys like to do. They have sex and leave."

"Mom, Jack never left. He loves me."

"What the hell are you saying? You have a boyfriend!"

"Mom, just listen!" I yell, "I left Jack because of Michael. Deep down, I think I love Jack too."