Six

Chapter Six

Jack Maynard

The only thought not leaving my mind, was the thought that Deja was actually leaving. And we actually had sex! I have to admit, I didn't see it coming. But she totally wanted to! Wanting to go to 'my' bedroom and whatever.

I liked having sex with her of course. I just wasn't expecting it to go so- roughly. But still, I'm completely devastated! She walked out, panicked. Not wanting to see me ever again.

"God, why did this happen," I groaned, rushing to put my clothes on.

When I was finally dressed, I ran out of the room; following Deja. "Please wait, we can talk this through!"

"I don't want to talk to you, please leave me alone," She growled, looking at her feet as she walked towards the front door.

"One night stand I see," Conor sighed.

"You two were drunk! You can't be mad at him!" Katie yelled, but Deja continued to ignore everyone around her. Walking through the door she looked back at me, teary eyed.

"Goodbye."

"Please," I took a deep breath, "Don't go."

She left our apartment, holding back her tears.

"Sorry Conor, I'll talk to you later okay?" Katie rolled her eyes giving Connor a quick kiss.

"Do you have to leave?" He asked.

"I know Deja's dramatic, but she's my best friend and I need to be there for her," Katie explained, "But I love you."

"I understand, take care," He waved goodbye, "And I love you too."

Eh, I'm pretty sure their dating now.

"She has to like you. Or she wouldn't have made such a big deal about you having sex with her," Conor explained, trying to make me feel better.

"You're wrong. She has a boyfriend you jackass," I cringed, trying to not sound sad. But the truth was, I really did like Deja in a way. I felt like there was some sort of spark between us. But It's too late, we can't be friends either.

"Want me to make you grilled cheese? You'll feel better," Conor asked, standing from the couch and walking towards the kitchen.

"Nah, I don't feel like it," I pressed my lips together. And I really- really, didn't want to talk to anyone.

"Look, I know you liked her. Seeing you two together reminded me of you and Lydi-."

"Don't say her name, you know I'm heartbroken!" I demanded, covering my eyes with my hands.

It took him a second to respond, giving me a second to cool down. "I'm sorry. But it's the truth, you guys should be more then friends whether you want to hear it or not."

"We met two days ago Conor! How could that possibly work?"

"Look at me and Katie," He smiled seriously, "I just know she's the one for me, although she lives far away. And I'll do whatever it takes to be with her."