Chapter Seventeen: Close Memory

"I had a partner." Obi whispered,  his voice raspy, as though he had been talking for a month straight, nonstop.  "W-What was their name?" Moyenne sat Obi down on the cold ice-like stone ground and crouched down. "Torou, her name was Torou. We did everything together."

"Like what?" Moyenne simply asked. Obi was trying so hard to answer this question, he'd know though, through the next few minutes that they spend time together, her perfect face would reel him in, but her personality didn't seem to intrigue him, which also, annoyed Obi. "We did.. jobs. I can't say anything else, it would go against my pride," he finally said. Moyenne shook her head in acceptance then asked, "What does she look like?"  Obi finally shrugged and he wiped a tear off of the side of his nose, "Big earrings, big flirty ego, pretty long brownish hair, I guess..?" Moyenne tapped her chin with her index finger and sighed. She put one hand under her hoodie that she always wore, and took the hoodie off. She wore a black sweater. Obi looked at her and she wrapped the hoodie around Obi, realizing he was cold, with only his thin uniform on from Clarines. "Is she important to you?"

"No."  Moyenne laughed nervously, "If she isn't important then why are you crying..?" Moyenne wiped at his tears, as he pulled her into his arms. "She was important to me, but we already re met awhile ago, there's no need to constantly think about her, and...I'm crying because," he wanted to sniffle but decided not to, " because if I told you what  happened to me, I'm afraid you'll be scared to be even near me."

Moyenne snorted, "I'm not afraid of anything, Obi, I am a recruit Clarines Guard, I mean c'mon."

Then- some footsteps were heard below them. It must've been... "Lorence." Obi said. Obi grabbed Moyenne and hid her to the side of the pillar, out of sight. "What do you want?"

"I just want to see if that scar can be opened again. You know, like good old times? I mean, you almost died!"

Obi leaned over the tiny pillars, locking eyes with Lorence. Obi snarled at him and hovered his right hand on his knife. "Feisty, aren't we? I'm sorry, is there someone here who you didn't want to hear that? I mean... I don't remember that cape being on you." Obi didn't look behind, he was frozen in place, like an ice sculpture, not daring to go into the heat. "Pft, I just  found it, is all."

(mmm okay Obi, you keep telling yourself that ;'3

Moyenne grabbed Obi's left arm and pulled him back, pressing her two fingers on his shoulder on a weak point, making him immediately pass out. "Oh, did someone kill him before I got to it?? Saddening."

Moyenne grabbed Obi and went through the only escape she knew- the tunnel. She staggered with Obi heavily weighing her down. "Dammit, Obi, you're so heavy.." Obi was blushing, breathing almost silently. She kept walking, a few rats scaring her here and there. It was a bad idea to even leave the Clarines castle, let alone leave the person she was attempting to 'protect'.

Moyenne was getting tired, and by this time she was done with carrying Obi. She lowered him onto the cold ground, where a few torches were lit. She breathed on her hands, trying to get a little warmer. She felt an arm wrap around her waist, as she was pulled into Obi, with her own cape around both of them.

(eeh sorry this is so short. I'm still running out of ideas and I'm like 'omg keel me' and I also am thinking about starting a K-Pop x Reader book so :c But, please keep reading and following if you'd like xD -Hitaharuko <3)