Chapter Eighteen: Disrespectful

(A/N: I plan for this chapter to be really long, but also, I want to update you guys on stuff~! This book hit 4.5k reads! I'm sooo happy right now haha~ Also, I'm going to do another Q & A where you can ask stuff about me. So comment below some questions you'd like to ask~! So, I'm going to start off with a timeskip since you know, Moyenne probably fell asleep, also, my writing is getting a little better since I'm actually getting INTO the book :D! Also, I'm hearing some positive feedback and I'm super glad! I love you all a lot and I really appreciate it all. Hopefully, I'll become famous >//<! Just kidding that might never happen, but you never know xD

Kisses and hugs~ - Hitaharuko)

~MOYENNE POV~

"Ugh.. wake up.." I heard Obi's raspy voice and felt his harsh hands grasp my shoulders and shake me just a little. My eyes barely opened, as I squinted. I shivered, seeing as Obi had taken my hood completely off of me, leaving me in just my sweater and pants. "Obi, I'm freaking freezing. Can I-" before I could finish my sentence, Obi placed the hood over my head. "Now I can't see.." I sighed, hearing Obi laughing playfully. He lifted up the hood and put his head under it too. He smiled and pointed at his lips, "My lips are cold," he laughed again, "You don't see me complaining."

I scowled at his ignorance and put my hand on his lips, where he intentionally licked it. "Eww, Obi! Grow up!" I smacked him softly. "Hey, you're like Shirayuki, don't be mean." I cocked my head to the side in confusion, "How am I like her? Didn't she like, reject you?" He snorted, "Yeah, but you two have very unique hair colors. You also act a lot like her, you just seem to be.. I dunno, more sassy?" I shrugged, placing my head on his shoulder. "I'm too tired to get up.." I breathed. He nodded in agreement and wrapped his hands around my waist, slowly lowering them. "Hey, watch it." I snapped. He laughed and lifted me up, my legs now around his waist. "Your hands are really cold, Moyenne." his hands slinked themselves to find mine and they fit perfectly with each other. "This is a lot more..... uncomfortable then I thought it would be.." I chuckled. "What do you mean? Are you uncomfortable being around me..?" he inched his face closer to mine, If that was even possible. I was surprised he wasn't angry at him for knocking him out, but I was tired enough not to carry him any farther. "We need to get out of here and head back to Clarines, and I'm not answering that question, Sir Obi."

He stood up, "Alright, Princess." he grabbed my hand and helped me up, putting my hood back on. He picked me up bridal-style and started walking. "Obi?"

"Yeah?"

"The exit is the other direction."  I giggled.

"Smart Alec." he murmured under his breath, but I was there, and I could hear him, loud and clearly. I pretended to sleep, and then he started running. At first, it frightened me, but I could tell he just wanted to get back to Zen and the others as soon as possible. It was not that far away, seeing as he was a lot faster than I was. Sometimes he just doesn't give up.

"Hey Obi!" Zen and Kiki were running towards us, Shirayuki and Mitsuhide following quickly behind. When Zen saw Moyenne, his face scrunched up. "I'm disappointed in you and Moyenne..." he shook his head and rubbed his temple. "I need to talk to you about something. Is Moyenne asleep?" Obi probably nodded.

"Moyenne.. isn't ready to become a guard. She's putting her emotions in front of her job."

Obi snarled at his comment. "So it's okay for you and Shirayuki to be in love?" Zen shook his head again and resumed to talk, "Look, Obi, I know.. how you feel, but.. Moyenne isn't mature enough if she just goes off running like that. I know you love her, and you're constantly making mistakes... all the time, but I just.. can't allow her to become one yet, not until you and her tell each other the truth."

"She did. She told me everything." Obi stated.

Zen looked at Moyenne, "She did?" Obi nodded. "Oh....well, can you trust her now?"

"I've always trusted her. I just can't believe that the Prince Zen figured out she was lying after I did. I knew she was lying, and the reason I knew she was lying, was because of the fact she wanted to protect me, and the rest of you guys. She never wanted to hurt anyone. As for me, I was being a total ass," he spoke. I listened carefully, Obi speaking calmly in defense, as I dare not to open my eyes. I listened to the entire conversation, fearing for my job as a guard of Clarines. I respected Obi telling everything he knew about me to Zen, and Zen understanding. Prince Zen was so nice.. he loved Shirayuki, but knew she wasn't as high up, and I love Obi.. even though he can be weird with the way he shows his emotion, and I haven't even known him that long.. but he's so handsome, and he always brings a smile to my face. I was trying to hide the fact that the blush on my face was real, and I don't doubt that he noticed it.

"So.. that's all for Moyenne then?" Zen asked. "Yeah, I think she's worthy, Prince Zen. She has emotion, just like any other human being. She makes people smile and laugh, but she can be sincerely serious and sometimes scary. She's good at fighting, she's flexible with and without a weapon. She could easily get a chance to become anyone's personal guard."

Shirayuki chimed in, "In my book, too! I saw Obi and her practicing and I was really shocked~" Shirayuki back hugged Zen, waiting for a response. "I'll give  Moyenne a chance to prove herself by having ONE day in the Clarines castle. We just have to make sure Brother Izana will be okay with it. I wonder if he'll think Moyenne is 'unique' too."

After that, it was silence, I was sure that everyone nodded before Obi started walking off, still remaining to carry me, and I 'woke up'. "You heard that all, didn't you?" he said, still looking straight forward. "Huh? Hear what?" this was a dangerous game I was playing, For sure- I knew for sure he knew how to read my mind: like that. "That conversation Zen and I just had."

"Uh.." I sighed, I wasn't going to win this time, or anytime for that matter, "Yeah."

"Moyenne?" Obi said, "Did you hear how much I love you?" I nodded, blushing. Obi was beautiful, handsome, talented, powerful. I was kind of mad at Shirayuki for not picking him. Obi was unique. "I want to know an honest answer. Do you feel the same?" That moment struck me. All of a sudden, even through some of the pain he made me feel, telling me he couldn't love me, it all rushed away. My concerns I had been bottling up for a while, disappeared. "Yes." Obi smirked, that's the answer he wanted to hear. It was honest.

"I would kiss you right now, but I see Prince Izana. Great." He hissed quietly. "Pretend your asleep." I shut my eyes quickly as Prince Izana finally looked up from his scroll, "Is that the girl everyone was talking about?" Obi ignored him as Prince Izana huffed. "Disrespectful." Obi kept walking and finally came to a stop. He opened a door and I opened my eyes. It was his room. He put me on the bed and sat at the end. "Moyenne. Do you still really want to be a guard?" I stared blankly at him at the sudden question. I finally snapped out of it and nodded. He smiled, "Good. Moyenne.. I want you to be my personal guard.. forever.. could you do that for me?"