18

#18 - Chen's P.O.V.

🙈

Chen's P.O.V.

I paced back and forth in my own room, holding my phone. I've called Yoonhye for a several times already but she had never picked up her phone. I wonder if there's something happened to her.

"Hyung?" Jongin's voice was heard from outside. I went to open the door and let him enter. We had reached our house just an hour ago.

Well, Jongin and I, we aren't from Seoul. Both of us went to there for college.

"What's wrong with you? You've been locking yourself up in the room ever since we came back." He said and sat down in my bed.

"I've been calling Yoonhye...but she never pick up her phone. I am worried if there's something happened to her."

"Maybe she's just busy? You can try and call Seolrim and see if she knows or not."

"I've called Seolrim too...but she is together with Chanyeol for the whole day. She said that she haven't see Yoonhye after yesterday." I sighed and said. I pulled out my chair in front of the desk and sat down.

My phone rang suddenly. I quickly looked at the caller ID, and then sighed deeply when I found that it was Soeun. Soeun and I never talked after her confession. Why would she call me?

"Hello?"

"Jongdae oppa..." Soeun's annoying voice whined. I rolled my eyes and asked, "What do you want?"

"Your girlfriend talks exactly like you." She said.

"You know where Yoonhye is?" I asked.

"Oh, your girlfriend is missing?" I heard she chuckled. "I've seen her just a few hours ago."

"Where is she now?"

"I don't know where is her. But I have a secret about her...do you want to listen?"

"Whatever the secret it is, I have no interest in it. This is my last time asking you. Do you know where Yoonhye is?"

"What if the secret is about her family?"

I went silent. Yoonhye had never talked about her family, except of Taemin, of course. I don't know much about her family, like what her parents work as, how many siblings do she have.

"I guess that she never tell you, am I right?"

"She must be having her own reasons if she is not telling me."

"You really believe in her?"

"She is my girlfriend. I believe her."

"They say that between couples, there shouldn't be lies, and secrets. The snowball of lies will become bigger and bigger as time pass. Even if it's a pair of couple are meant to be together, there will be a lot of hardships between them too."

"I don't get what you're trying to tell."

"You really believe that your girlfriend is the Kim Yoonhye that you know? What if her identity is not real?"

"She is the Kim Yoonhye I know."

"Jongdae oppa, lies and secrets can change a lot of things."

"Stop it. If you're trying to make me and Yoonhye break up, cut that thought off."

"I don't understand. I was the one who fell for you first, but you never like me. You had never laid an eye on me. You just treat me as your friend, nothing more."

"Soeun, I love Yoonhye. Love isn't about who come first. Do you know what love is? If you really love someone, but the person doesn't love you, what you can do is only send your wishing to them. Loving someone is not about having the person. If you love someone, when that person is happy, then you should be satisfied. I am really happy together with Yoonhye now, Soeun."