[8] I'm Body Guarding the President's Jerk Son...Who Is HOT...FML!

Kinda short, but better than nothing. I'll try to make next one more interesting. :) Read vote comment fan love <333333333333 !!!!!!!

[8] I'm Body Guarding the President's Jerk Son...Who Is HOT...FML!

Jayden was too close now to duck away from. Unless if I knocked him out in some way, shape, or form, I was utterly doomed. But that wasn't allowed. Rule # 2: Never harm the Principal. I could move backwards, crawling crab style over the desk pressing against my legs, but I'd be too slow. So, basically, I was very much screwed.

Some snide part of me said, you thought he'd be a good kisser, so now is your chance to see if that's true or not.

The sane part of me howled, SHUT UP!!

Jayden bent closer slowly and I leaned away from him. It was almost as if we were performing some coordinated dance in slow motion. His blue eyes were intense as they locked with mine. The double curve of his soft lips looked so perfect. I mentally slapped myself. What in the world was I thinking?

At last, I had leaned as far as I could and my back was flat against the surface of the desk. Jayden's face was so close I was nearly going cross-eyed trying to keep him in my sights. I could feel the heat coming off of his body, which was pressed tightly against mine, preventing me from moving.

I closed my eyes, resigned to my fate. Some part of me wondered idly what his kiss would be like and how it would compare to Trey's.

Nothing happened.

I peeked at him and saw that his face had halted just moments from mine with a smug little smirk perched on his lips. I immediately grew angry. Here he was, toying with me once again. I was fully aware that somehow, despite all my training, he had managed to maneuver on top of me and had entirely trapped me underneath. When was this torture going to stop? Oh right, nine months from now. Someone shoot me please.

My anger gave me strength to lift up my arms to try to push him away. But there was no need. He immediately got off me.

"I see you were expecting a second."

My lips parted to reveal all my teeth and I hissed at him.

He laughed, exuding arrogance in his very posture.

The lunch bell rang, saving us from each other. Thank God!

As we hurried to the door, Jayden suddenly said very seriously, "I won't ever kiss you unless you tell me you want me to."

I just ignored him. Even if I ever did want to, it would be because of his handsome face and not out of affection, and in the end I would regret it very much.

Trey and the Men in Black met up with us in the main hallway outside the cafeteria. He shot me a curious look and I just shook my head, unwilling to explain where we'd been and what we had nearly done. I wondered how I looked to him. Tense? Rattled? Seriously disturbed? All of the above?

Trey assumed close guard next to me and said softly, "You look tired."

I smiled wryly at him. "I guess first days on the job are always like this."

He smiled. "True. I was pretty tense when I first started. But truth be told, the job gets boring after a while, especially if you're in the Secret Service. It's more likely that a mafia don gets shot than someone tries to attack the First Family. It pays better to get your hands dirty, but you might not live long enough to enjoy it."

I was a little surprised that he was being so friendly again, but I was glad. Perhaps this was his true nature. If so, then what had possessed him at the beginning of lunch hour? I puzzled over him and his words.

I asked, seemingly out of the blue, "Do you think it's worth it?"

He looked at me quizzically.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Jayden watching us, but I ignored him.

I clarified to Trey, "Would you do something terrible for money?"

He shrugged. "Depends."

"On what?"

"On your definition of terrible." He smiled. "And on how much money is in it."

I laughed. "But you'd splurge it all on therapy for the rest of your life."

He said in an amused tone, "You're too nice and too naïve to be a bodyguard."

I frowned. Did he really think so? He must not know me very well then.

To distract me from my frown, he asked, "And you?"

"Not for money, no, but if the cause was great enough, then yes."

"Cause?" He asked, puzzled.

"Yes. I would do terrible things to save those I loved. See, I'm not nice at all."

"Then, that makes you more dangerous than me," he said in a joking tone, "because, according to your rules, I would never do terrible things because I have no loved ones to save."

Though it was said in jest, I sensed something painful stirring beneath his airy tone. But Trey was lucky in a way. He felt the pain of emptiness, but he knew not a worse pain-the pain of loss. I knew it and there were no limits to what I'd do to save the few I loved and were still alive. It was a terrible way to think, I know, but there was nothing I wouldn't do to prevent myself from ever feeling that soul-splitting pain of losing love.

Nice and naïve indeed!