Chapter 30 - Final Chapter

~Lydia's pov~

"You really thought that I will leave you on your big night?" I smiled at him.

"Stiles, I missed you." He smiled back at me. I felt like hugging him in that moment, but then I remembered that I was in the middle of a ballroom in front of most of the people in the kingdom.

"Have you saved a dance for me?" Stiles chuckled, I smiled back at him in return seeing him blushing slightly.

"Of course." I beamed at him. He took my hand and twirled me into his arms. I felt safe and protected like I was supposed to be in his arms. I still found it hard to believe that he was here, Stiles made it!

"By the way, you look divine." I smiled and blushed at his comment. "Thank you and you look dashing." He smiled at me and then looked at his feet shyly. "Aww, you are still shy." He laughed awkwardly. "Stop teasing me!" he laughed.

He spun me around and made me face him again. We danced around to the music, I smiled at the thought that this was the first song that Stiles and I danced.

"Remember when you step on my foot the first time we danced?" I asked him, he chuckled.

"Yes, it was to this exact song, if I remember correctly. You were wearing a long dress and you tripped too and almost feel on top of me." I laughed and nodded my head. "It was a long dress for a small girl." I agreed.

"And I wasn't a very good dancer than; you were the only girl I have ever danced with." Stiles told me look at me in my eyes, I looked down at my feet feeling my cheeks heat up.
"Lydia, I am serious and I want you to be the only girl I ever dance with... Ever." I looked at him and smiled, he smiled back at me.

~Third person pov~

Whilst everyone danced their nights away. The King and Queen were watching everyone whilst arguing who fit well with who.

"No Natalie, for the final time! I believe that Frederick and Elizabeth would make a better couple than Frederick and Jane." The King scoffed in disbelief, the queen laughed and shook her head.

"You are the same man whom thought that our daughter, Lydia would be good with a Whitmore." She laughed and continued to sip on her drink.

"And look at her, she looks absolutely perfect with that young man who she is dancing with. By the way, who is that man she is dancing with and why haven't I met him before?" The Queen said whilst picking up her glasses and looking at Stiles. The King looked at Stiles examining him. "No idea, dear."

The Queen picked up her cup again and took a sip after saying that "Him and Lydia will make a better couple than her and that Jackson mess." The king shook his head in disbelief but chuckled slightly.

"Now there we go, you are improving. If you keep this up I might actually believe that you are getting better; at least you didn't deny it because it is true and you know it." He laughed at her comment.

"Okay, but darling who do you think Gertrude looks good with? She was with this one man and now she is dancing with this other man over there." The King said pointing his head to the direction of Gertrude and Alexander.

The Queen sat up to get a better look at them and quickly answered. "Well obviously the two of them. If the other man was any good for her he would be with her." The King laughed and agreed with her.

"Oh look he's over there." The King said pointing his head towards the direction of Elliott by the door. The Queen sat up and adjusted her glasses.

"Why is this even a question, obviously the man who Gertrude is currently dancing with. The other man looks like he is about to cause some serious trouble." She picked up her cup and drank the last sip of her coffee and gave it Mrs Brown who was next to her.