His Perfect Imperfections / Chapter 5

We stopped at a gas station to clean off the blood on my face. There was some blood on the side of the door too, so he worked on that while I tried to close the open wound on my head. My face was read from crying and getting slapped, but I didn't dare complain about the pain. I just watched him as he scrubbed the blood out with wipes he'd bought from the gas station.

"Do you need anything?" He asked. "I'm going to go back inside for a water."

"Advil." I said. "My head hurts."

He tried to teach his hand over to touch the wound, but I backed away from him. "Don't touch it..."

"Is it healing up?"

"I think so." I rested my head against the side of the chair. Suddenly I felt really tired.

"Don't sleep." He spoke irritably. "We still have that party."

"We're really going to that?"

"Why not?"

"Because-" I paused. Do I really want to mention it? "Nothing."

"No. What? Why wouldn't we go?"

"Can you get me an advil? I feel sick."

"Whatever." He pushed off the truck, throwing the red wipes into a garbage can and making his way into the store.

I sighed, trying to get in as much breath as I could. My stomach was starting to feel heavy and my lungs like they were being squeezed. I hadn't a clue what my face looked like, but I didn't think it could be good. I wondered what Trevor would say when people started asking why I looked like that? Would he say that it was just the regular bullies? Would he actually spill the truth and admit that he punched me in the car? -I doubt that. He'll probably say it was bullies.

After about five minutes Trevor came back with a bottle of water and a small bottle of Advil for me. He jumped into the car, looking over at the passanger door one last time, and slamming his shut. "Shut the door." I reached over and closed it, but my dizziness was making me weak. I felt like I was burning up all of a sudden.

He opened the water and took a few gulps of it before handing it over to me. "Here. And the Advil."

I got one pill out of the small container and popped it into my mouth. It tasted sweet, but turned disgusting when I bit into it. Using the water I took a gulp of water for force peices of the pill down and handed it back to him. "I really don't feel good."

"And? What do you want me to do about it?" He hissed, drinking the rest of the water. I shrugged, resting my head on the window, supporting myself up with my arm. I felt bitter towards his statement. It was all his fault that I didn't feel well in the first place. Everything was perfectly fine before he started hitting me.

It took a while to get to Lindsey's. The entire way there both of us were in complete silence and neither of us mentioned my face. Neither of us spoke. It didn't even seem like either of us was breathing. That painful loud silence only ceased when we pulled into Lindsey's driveway and the air filled with the thrumping of a base. "What about your face?" He suddenly asked. Almost like he just realized the problem he put us both in.

"Tell them the truth." I grumbled.

"You ran into a pole."

I turned and glared at him. "You think this was caused by a pole!"

"Shut the fuck up, Alex! You ran into a pole. End of story."

"I didn't run into a pole."

"You want to run into another one?"