Chapter 4

Arriving home at about 8 from Val's house. I threw my keys on the top of my empty dresser where my TV usually was and dumped my shopping bags on my bed before plopping down into my recamier bench that sat at the foot of my bed. I checked my phone to see if I had gotten any calls or anything and one appeared as soon as I was about to set my phone down. It was from an unknown number and I rarely get text or calls from anyone I don't know. It read;

Hey Nyla, It's Cairo. Can we talk ?

The text caught me off guard and the first thing I was compelled to do was to tell Genesis and Val. I replied yea before seconds later getting a call from that same number.

"Hey what's up?" I answered furrowing my eyebrows. I knew whatever he needed to talk to me about was concerning Gen and I had to prepare myself for what he had to say.

"Look before you get the wrong idea. I need you to hear me out, alright?" He began making me start to worry. I nodded subconsciously before answering sure.

"Ok, out of all of Genesis's friends, you are the most understanding... And that's why I called you because I think if I explained that you'll understand" he rambled on before I told him to get to his point.

"Alright alright, I lied when I told you all that Sabrina wasn't pregnant... And I did it to protect not only Gen but my unborn child. I couldn't imagine what would happen if Valerie found out that Sabrina was pregnant. I was scared and emotional and I just got caught up in my situation. And I need your help to try to explain to Genesis that I never meant to do this to her and that I do care abo-" he explained rapidly before I cut him off. He had some nerve calling me and asking that I tell my best friend that he not only lied through his teeth but also got the girl pregnant!

"Cairo, what the fuck man?! Why would you do that? Now if I do tell her her heart is going to shatter even more that it already is and if I don't I have to carry that guilt around because of you! You're a selfish ass person and I just cannot believe you dragged me into you irresponsible little shenanigans. Here's what's going to happen, I'll tell her myself what you did and you better not ever, speak to her, talk about her, or try to see her ever, and if I find out you did me and Val are personally beating that ass, you got me?" I ranted furiously before hanging up the phone. I shook my head, rubbing my temples in grief.

I stood up from my seat before stripping of my clothes and hopping into the shower. Washing my hair and body I sang to the radio that blasted Irreplaceable by Beyoncé.

"Aye Nyla, Turn that shit down! People are trying to sleep!" Yelled my father as he banged on my bedroom door almost breaking it off the hinges. I rolled my eyes before cutting the music completely off and continued to dry myself.

"Good night to you too, Dad" I said sarcastically to myself as I finished lotioning myself. I walked out of my conjoined bathroom and slid into my red dolphin shorts and a black camisole and my fuzzy socks. I walked down to the dark kitchen to put at least something on my stomach because of course my family went out to eat without bringing me anything. I looking in the fridge to see a box of pizza from yesterday night. Warming up two slices in the microwave and pouring myself a cup of sprite I took my food upstairs and scrolled through my phone since I had no TV to watch. After eating my pizza and finishing my drink I through my trash away and began folding my new clothes up and sticking them in their correct spot.
It had been a looong weekend  and I was ready to crawl into my bed and not come out until it was time for me to go off to UGA which far away from here.

I set my alarm to 7 am before placing my phone on its charger and setting it on my nightstand and off to sleep I went.

*
I'm definitely on a roll with this one. I'm unsure whether or not to write in different point of views of the characters. I don't want it to confuse anyone but then again I do want to spice up the story a bit. Let me know what you want and comment to tell me whether or not the story is progressing too slow so I can speed things up and get to the story quicker. So yea vote and comment 👍🏾

-M✨

In multimedia: Genesis