Chapter 8

"Good morning Nyla" my father said cheerfully as he came into the kitchen. I turned around to get my oatmeal out of the microwave and rolled my eyes so he couldn't see before saying good morning.

"What time did you come home from Bailey's house last night? " he asked me pouring himself some coffee. I scrunched my eyebrows at him confused at what he was asking before recollecting what he was talking about. I was supposed to stay over Valerie's after school yesterday but since she had already left before I did I just went straight home.

"Um her name is Valerie and I got home at like 8. You were probably still at work." I replied, playing on with his little shenanigans. My dad and his little hoe left around seven thirty and he came back around ten. I internally shook my head at the fact that he would actually cheat on my mother.

"That's pretty late young lady. You need to be back before 7" he tried to legislate. For one, I'm 17 years old I honestly couldn't care less about a damn curfew, secondly if I would have "came home" any earlier then I would have caught his dirty ass cheating.

"I should be able to come home however late I want, don't you think? Seeing as though if I had come back any earlier I might have seen something me or Mom wouldn't want to see, huh?" I implied as I set my oatmeal on the counter directly across from him, resting my body weight on my elbows on top of the counter. His motions ceased as he looked up at me from his cup of coffee after catching on to my proposition. He squinted his eyes at me before repositioning himself on the bar stool.

"What are you trying to say?" He asked lowering his voice, I guess so Miles wouldn't hear him. Miles was like his mini-me. He thought dad was like a super hero or some shit but he was far from it.

"I'm saying that it's crazy sometimes, what things come out of my mouth when I don't get treated the way I should be. Don't you agree?" I started to explain before eating a scoop of my oatmeal. If he got what he want then I should too.

"I can't say that I ever, you know, cheated on anyone but you know I do blurt out things that could maybe get people into a pickle" I toyed before he began gulping way too loudly and all the blood looked as if it rushed out of his dark face.

"Are you trying to blackmail me, Nyla?" He asked me crossing his arms and raising one eyebrow as I shook my head continuing to finish my breakfast.

"No,no. Think of it as a win-win situation, if Mom finds out about the little sexcapade that's been going on for who knows how long, she will never forgive you. Better yet she'll probably fight you through the courts and take everything you have... You know she's a lawyer, right?" I proposed, dropping my empty bowl into the sink and grabbed my keys on the counter and leaving the kitchen with my father sitting there with a grimace on his face. Hopping into my car and backing out of the garage , I felt this new sense of control. Not only could I pretty much do what ever I wanted but I could pay my parents back for how awful they've been to me my whole life. I knew it seemed a little heartless but after 17 years of constant verbal beat downs I've received, I deserved some peace . As a little girl I didn't think anything of it but as I got older I've realized that they've just treated me like shit just because they could.

I pulled up to the school and there were policemen all though the parking lot. I tried my best to stay calm and park in my space and walk past them without making eye contact or making myself look suspicious. After finally getting into the building, I had just gotten to my locker and Val was just about to leave hers before I called her name.

"Did they say anything about a car on the announcements?" I asked her making her furrow her eyebrows and nod.

"Hell yea, all morning. Did you see all those damn police outside?" She answered making my heart pound faster.

"It was Genesis, who keyed the car and slashed the tires" I told her. I knew Val wouldn't tell anyone since she's committed some crimes me and Gen would've never told anyone.

"No it wasn't. She's not even like that" Val claimed leaning against the lockers.

"Well, picture this. It was about an hour after school, I'm coming from the library and Gen's coming from her little debate club meeting. I was going to take her home but before that I told her something that probably pushed her off the edge and she just went Diary of a mad black women on the car" I tried to explain leaving out a set of details that probably would set Val off. Her eyes were bulging as she parted her lips to say something but then shut them again.

"Well what did you tell her?" She finally asked before the first tardy bell had rang.

"I'll tell you later, ok" I said skipping to my class before she would protest for me to tell her and before the final tardy bell would ring.

*

This was a really fun chapter for me. It's a bit longer has a lot more details. How do you guys feel about Nyla's win-win proposal? Lol comment what you guys think and vote. Buuuut if you guys don't like this Story so much. I am in the works of a couple other stories so follow me to be notified when I post them. Since it is summer, I have more time to work on them and make them better so yea 👍🏾

-M✨
In multimedia:
Dacari