Chapter 11

"Last Friday of the year students! You all have done wonderfully this year and we want to thank you all for having an educational, fun, and exciting experience! At Craddock Landing!" Our principal said over the announcements as we sat at the circular tables and ate our lunch before another announcement erupted on the intercom.

"Seniors congratulations for making it this far! The faculty and staff are so proud of you give yourselves a round of applause." A woman's voice said through the school as the cafeteria erupted in applause.

"For those of you who have successfully completed your years of high school and are advancing into the fascinating realm of adulthood, I would like for you all to meet in the auditorium after third bell." She enthusiastically explained. I looked over at Genesis , Valerie , Tori ,and Colby as we all sat around the table. The guys that usually sat with us all had a football meeting to go to with their coach so it was just the girls today.

"Y'all think it's going to last the whole 4th block?" Colby asked us ,as she nibbled on her fry. I shrugged before taking a bight of my pizza.

"I hope it does I'm not trying to be in class. I'm not even coming to school next week, it's unnecessary" Tori chimed as Valerie agreed.

"I gotta come in. I got a project due in marketing on Tuesday" I commented, shaking my head before the bell rang and everyone immediately dispersed to where they were supposed to be. We all walked across the school halls into the school auditorium and sat to the left. 

"Ooh who is that?" Tori asked pointed towards an area of the auditorium where all the football players were. It was kind of cliché but everyone pretty much did sit in cliques. Then there was us who really sat with anyone since we had so many friends in many different categories in the school.

"The light skinned one with the curly hair?" I asked her before beginning to smile and she nodded.

"Oh that's Xavier, that's who I'm doing my marketing project with." I said smirking at her before they all looked at me.

"He is cuutee , Ny. Can you put me on?" Tori asked me being dead serious. I shrugged before saying sure as the lights dimmed and everyone got quiet and the assistant principal walked onto the stage.

"What's up seniooooorsss!" She encouraged making everyone in the auditorium scream and clap before all the football players chanted "C.O. 16" causing everyone else to do the same.

"Ok,ok settle down. So today is the end of the last full week of school for you guys and I know it's exciting and everything but we still need you guys to abide by the rules ok" she began as we all quieted down and listened to what she was about to announce.

"So this year is the first year in ten years that our graduating class includes every single senior with more then 60% honors graduates!" She exclaimed causing us to cheer again.

"We wanted to not only congratulate you but also award you all with a 20 dollar gift card to chick fil a and a 10 dollar gift card to Starbucks!" She shouted as most of the white girls cheered and everyone else clapped a little.

"We also have a guest speaker for you all who I think you all will listen too. Introducing NBA all star of the Las Angeles Clippers, Chris Paauuuullll!" She announced having everyone burst out into a riot. The girls were screaming because let's face it, Chis Paul was one good looking man and the boys were Barking like the dogs they were. As he walk out on the stage laughing at our behavior.

"Hello Craddock!" He chanting while clapping and nodding his head.

"As most of you know, I'm Chris Paul, point guard for the L.A. Clippers. First and foremost I'd like to congratulate all of you on finishing your last years of grade school strong. I've been told that you all have worked hard, and never gave up and that's very commendable. And you all have the potential to be whatever you want to be and do whatever you want to do but it starts here and here" he started as he pointed to his head and put his hand over his heart. He started making the valid points that every motivational speaker makes whenever they present a speech.

"Education is the building blocks for a bright future and I know that from experience. There's been times where I slacked off and didn't think learning was important but it's a harsh reality you face when you hit that brick wall and you're like "man I should've passed that class" or "dang I should've Aced that test" I'm telling you, it starts now." He preached having everyone cheer.

*

This chapter is really bad. The details are crappy but I really wanted to update. I apologize for any mistakes and I'll probably edit this chapter a little later. I guess I just wasn't in the mood but I'm going to Florida tomorrow and the plane ride will give me the extra oomph I need to continue this story so comment and vote.

-M✨

I