Chapter 13

"Make this left" I told Zay as we entered my neighborhood. He looked as if he hadn't seen houses before as he pulled into the driveway.

"Damn, these houses big as shit" he commented laughing as I told him to wait in the car for me to get dressed and that I wouldn't be that long.

"I'm sorry for not inviting you in but do you remember when I told you my parents weren't that hospitable?" I explained before he nodded his head and told me to go ahead.

After getting into my room and tying my hair up into a bun so it wouldn't get wet and I hopped in the shower, trying to disregard my hair since I really didn't have time to do too much to it.

I decided to keep it simple with my outfit since Shawn's parties weren't the ones you really dressed up for. After lotioning myself I slid myself into my baggy blue jeans before my white superstars with a bleached bandy that I made myself.

"Who's car is that in the driveway, Ny?" Miles asked me barging into my room and acting as if knocking wasn't a thing

"My friend. We're about to go out" I answered taking my hair down out of its bun and combing it down to control a little bit of the frizz.

"Tell they ass to move so I can get in the garage" he complained slamming my door behind him as he left. I rolled my eyes before parting my hair into two halves and wrapping them into buns. 300 Bobby pins later, I was ready and I made sure I had my phone, keys, and a couple twenties in the back of my phone case before walking out of my room down to the first floor where my dad was just getting inside.

"Where are you going?" He asked me finally noticing me as I was just about to walk out the door.

"To a friend's house" I told him starting to walk out again before he stopped me again.

"Um no you're not, we're going to my coworker's family and friends gathering" he corrected throwing his keys on the kitchen counter and opening the refrigerator before loosening his tie.

"I already made plans" I told him hoping he wouldn't test my patience seeing as though he's already on a tight ass leash.

"Cancel them, we leave at 9" he claimed as if I was actually canceling my plans to go to a party to act like a happy family for his friends, oh no sweetie he must've been smoking.

"Listen. I already made my plans and I'm not cancelling them" I told him closing the door so I could finish the pointless conversation I was having with my sperm donor.

"Don't make me call your mother, Ny. I don't know who you think you a-" He began to say to me getting upset and lowering his tone before I cut him off.

"Don't make me call my mother and tell her how you've had mistresses tiptoe through her house" I challenge having him stutter in loss for words. He should have known better than to demand me to cancel my plans since his ass had mud on his boots. On that note, I left the house slamming the door behind me before he could say anything in return and made my way to Zay's car and we were off.

"You look nice" he complimented me as we rode through the back neighborhood. I turned to him to admire his outfit and his manors as he leaned on the side of the door with one hand on the steering wheel as we pulled up to Shawn's house since it was only a little ways away from my house.

"Thanks" I said to him as he opened the car door for me helping me get out and up onto the curb that he had parked against before we walked down the sidewalk to the lit up house. You could tell the house was packed by all the red cups on the front lawn and the screams that could be heard down the block over the blaring music.

I was never really a party girl so when everyone saw me they were surprised as hell.

"Nyla? Out of the house? " I heard from behind me sounding like the voice of Colby. I turned around to see her and Tori but Tori really wasn't paying attention to me. She was too busy staring at Xavier. I smirked before turning towards Zay to introduce him.

"Hey guys,  this is Xavier, Xavier this is Colby and this is Tori" I introduced pushing her a bit closer to him making him laugh a bit.
*

Ok guys I'm back home! So the flow of updates will be coming faster and the quality will definitely be better. This one isn't great but it isn't terrible so it's here for now. Excuse any mistakes and comment and vote.👍🏾

-M✨

I'm multimedia:
Tori