Introduction

The late evening sun shown warmly from the vast blue sky onto the many weeping willows that surrounded a peaceful and secret place, a gentle breeze brushed through the thick foliage and dew covered grass, the perfumed smell of all the flowers were strong and breathtaking.

Fifteen year old Naruto Uzumaki and sixteen year old Sasuke Uchiha were relaxing by the babbling creek that cut through the far west side of the Garden, grasshoppers were jumping in all directions and Blue Jays sung sweetly above them. Naruto sat cross legged, making Crowns out of small lilies and clovers and whispered out in his usual soft voice his latest poem that he had thought up the night before, and Sasuke stood quietly beside him and was skipping rocks across the gently moving water with a small flick of his wrist and listening to every word.

"We must protect it, this lush and beautiful Garden that speaks to us in a soft voice in our hearts, this was made just for you and I, it connects us and holds us together in an almost religious covenant like bond, we will always have it and it will always have us, Sasuke my companion forever and ever in Our Garden of Memories..." It was short and simple, but it came from his heart, showing how deeply he loved their secret spot.

Sasuke turned towards him once he was done. "You should become a writer some day..." He said with admiration, Naruto smiled with amusement. "I don't know about that, sounds like it would be too much work, I would rather prefer being a gardener who plants the most beautiful flowers in town." Sasuke rolled his eyes as he sat by him with a grunt, causing more grasshoppers to spring here and there. "Isn't that also a lot of work?" Naruto returned his light grumbling with a beaming smile, his bare, pink toes wiggling in the soft, cool dirt. "Yeah but that's the kind of work I like!" Sasuke shook his raven head, a small smile on his lips and sighed in feigned annoyance as the blond placed the flower crown he'd just finished atop his head, the silky pedals brushing the pale skin of his forehead.

"You look so pretty teme!" He giggled adorably as sasuke lightly punched him in the shoulder. "Shut up Usuratonkachi." They stayed by the shady creek until the sun began to set, as they stood and brushed the grass and dirt off themselves and Naruto put his shoes back on Sasuke noticed that Naruto was still a couple or so inches taller than him despite being younger, Naruto being at 5,5 while he was merely 5,3 his onyx eyes never quite met his bright blues, it always irritated him for some reason, but he didn't show it.

"Hey, wanna spend the night at my place? My mom is making Yakisoba tonight." Naruto made a huge, toothy grin. "You better believe it!" He replied excitedly, jumping up and down a little and threw a fist into the air as though to emphasize his answer, Sasuke chuckled at his friend's odd antics, happy that he agreed.

<3 Sasuke's POV <3

The shrill sound of an alarm clock went off, waking me up with a start, my heart thudding loudly against my rib cage and my breath shallow, I looked up at the old white ceiling with all the small squares and dirty cobwebs in the corners of my small apartment room and realized that I was nineteen again and that it had all been a dream.

I heaved a heavy sigh and sat up and brushed my bed head out of my tired face, and slammed my hand down on the clock with irritation, sweet silence filling the room, that had been four years ago in late June, I had invited Naruto over to my house for a sleep over, we ate till we were about to burst, and played games on my Xbox and stayed up late helping each other on our homework, and then we slept in because it was the weekend, and then Naruto went home after giving me a huge bear hug.

...That was the last time I would ever see of my beloved friend Naruto again...

Author Note: please tell me what you guys think, well even if you don't I still want to continue cause this story has been on my mind for AGES and I just now found this site and it looked so easy to write a story on it and it looked really cool, but I would really like to hear anybodies thoughts and criticism on this, thanks!