Singing, stares, and striking a pose

So I'm finally back after about a million and nine years. I don't like any of the chapter but the ending tbh. Sorry that it sucks, but hey, at least I updated... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

~Damy's pov~

It's been almost two weeks since the little call thing in the hallway.

And she finally was called and she's going to go do a shoot today. I'm driving her there after school and we are both so excited.

Her ex and her old friends don't talk anymore, but she doesn't seem to notice. Every now and then I can tell she misses them, but she seems to forget them around me.

Good. I don't want her remembering things that make her sad.

The only problem now is that in the last week her ex has been trying to talk to her constantly.

She seems to try to ignore him, though. At first she was sad. Now she's just really angry.

I never talk about them or him to her. Ever. I don't want her to think that I'm trying to keep her away from them. I leave it up to her, if she wants to be friends with them again, she can, if not she doesn't have to.

We're driving into the parking lot of the school when "King For a Day" by Pierce The Veil and Kellin Quinn came on.

Despite the windows being open, I knew she would want to sing. This was one song we always sang together. I would sing Vic's parts and she would sing Kellin's, but sometimes she would jump in on Vic's parts because she loved him.

So we did. We sang (and screamed) our hearts out. There were a whole bunch of people still standing outside of the school that stared at us, but we were too caught in the moment to care.

Once we were fully parked, she turned it up really high and got out of the car, putting on a show. She jumped around and danced and sang into her hand as if she was holding a microphone.

Near the ending of the song, she got really dramatic.

And by that, I mean when it was Vic's part, she actually dropped onto her knees when the screaming part came on, and when Kellin's part came on, she quick got up and sang dramatically (think of how Kellin looks when he's singing but a little less scrunchy faced). At the end, slightly out of breath from her performance and loud singing, she said the "shit" at the end and it sounded so cool.

People started clapping, and I quickly turned the radio down and then the car off. I was smiling widely, and so was she.

We then bowed dramatically while laughing. She looked around with a smile on her face, looking at all of the people clapping for us, for her. I looked around with her, but then I noticed her cheesy grin turned into a small, slightly saddened smile.

My eyes flicked to where she was looking, and I saw the guy who used to be her boyfriend looking at her like he wanted to cry and apologize to her. Their eye contact broke only a few seconds after though.

Her eyes moved on through the rest of the group, and her smile completely dropped. I looked up and saw the kind of shy blonde that used to be part of their group. Luke, I believe.

She turned to me and whispered, "I'll be right back... I need to go talk to Luke."

I nodded and pulled my arm off of her waist. I hadn't even noticed that I had put it there... it was a natural reaction by now... I always had my arm around her waist or my hand either entwined with hers or resting on her thigh. I never let myself think that it meant anything more than a friendly gesture, though, because as much as we had been through, and truly cared about each other, I knew that her heart was set out for another. I respected that and I loved her enough that even if she wanted me to help her win him back I would, just for her happiness.