Part 14

Part 14:

Emir and feriha walked back towards where they had left their shoes on the dry sand. Feriha wore her shoes, emir bent to pick up his shoes when half way he stopped, looked up  at feriha " I know its late, but can you stay a bit longer" he said in a requesting tone, to which feriha couldn't deny. They held their shoes in their hand "let's go ahead towards more quitter part of the beach, towards that boat with light" said Emir
They walked towards boat in the sea wind clutching each other. They reached close to the small boat. At the bow of the boat hung a big lantern and there were few lanterns kept on the gunwale, illuminating the place around the boat.
"Let's sit here, it's quite and lovely" said Emir, feriha complied.
They sat down beside each other. Strong sea wind was blowing dishevelling their hair, so feriha turned towards emir resting her head on emir's arm, thereby avoiding the wind. They sat quietly for some time when Feriha said "the day you got engaged I spent the entire night watching the sea"
"I drove the car aimlessly and found myself at the park"
"how much did you hate me?"
"less than how much I love you, and you?"
"In the day I hated you but in the night loved you much more than I hated you"
He caressed her hair, wrapped himself around her. Only the crashing sound of sea waves could be heard. The reeking of the dangling lantern had merged with the sounds of sea waves.
Then he cupped her face in his hands and looked at her. The lantern was swinging with the wind and the play of lantern's glow could be seen on her face. Her eyes were reflecting the love that he always saw in her eyes. She closed her eyes and rested her head on his forehead. He closed his eyes too and kissed her.
Then he tugged her hand and said "let's go, it's really late. Don't forget I have to see your father in the morning" feriha smiled and they left.
Riza house in the morning:
Zehra was arranging breakfast in the morning when feriha came to help her.
"you came quite late yesterday"
Feriha remained quite trying to shy away from the answer.
"When is he going to come today?"
"In some time"
Zehra, riza, omer, Mehmet and feriha gathered at the table for breakfast. After breakfast Riza said "zehra I am resting in the bedroom" and he left.
Zehra and feriha were clearing the table, when zehra called Mehmet "Mehmet, I have to tell you something, Emir and feriha have decided to marry again, I have spoken to your dad, he will come to ask her for marriage in sometime"
Mehmet listened to her intently "you will not have any trouble from me mom" he looked at feriha, despise clearly reflecting in his eyes for her. Feriha felt her brother's pain in that glance.
In some time Emir knocked at the door. Zehra answered the door and welcomed him inside. She asked him to sit on sofa, feriha came out too. Zehra said "wait I will call riza"
She went in to call riza, "riza he has come" riza nodded his head and went outside with zehra. Emir got up when he saw riza coming out and greeted him by bending his head.
Riza and zehra settled on the same sofa. Emir sat attentively on the opposing sofa.
Mehmet was standing near zehra and riza's bedroom. They remained quiet for some time when riza said "you want to get married to feriha again"
Emir said "yes. i want to marry her again with your permission"
Riza said "are you sure you can accept her in your life again after all that she did to you and lived for in 3 years away from you?"
"Like you accepted her back in your life, I want to do that too. All that does not matter"
Riza said "to me she is my daughter and nothing can change that. Her decisions right or wrong are also mine, but with you It's different"
"I understand what you say but its love because of which you accepted her and its love with which I accept her in my life. I will not hesitate to ask her again for marriage because it's with her I have etched my life"
"and your parents are they ready to accept her again?"
"I have spoken to them, there is no problem"
"ok, then as is the custom let them come to ask for her hand"
"ok" Emir looked at feriha happily at the same time concealing it. Feriha signalled him to kiss her dad and mom's hand.
Emir took the cue got up and kissed riza and zehra's hand.

In the morning at the beauty parlour:
Aysun had gone to the hair dresser where hande had also come.
"Aysun aunty, how are you?" asked hande delighted to see aysun after long time.
"I am good, how are you? how is your mom?"
"she is fine too. Let me congratulate you emir and feriha are back again"
"you know. Of course how can you not know?"
"A small misunderstanding, feriha thought that emir chose his work and not her separated them for so long, they are meant to be together. I had known both of them all along both were unhappy. Now when I met them I saw a different emir and feriha. I am happy they found their way back. Two people who love each other so much should stay together"
"Hmm..."Aysun made a mental note of what hande said. She then remembered that she had asked feriha to get Emir out of the club, so she had actually tried.
"Mrs. Aysun" called the hair dresser
"I will see you hande. Bye"
"bye"
On the way back home Aysun was pondering actually a misunderstanding led to some much pain to Emir. She knows what Emir went through all those days. She couldn't do much and just watch I despair.
Then her thoughts shifted to unal, was the truth something different than what she saw. Was unal true this time. On deliberating a lot she thought of giving him one more chance.