Part 22

Emir while entering the apartment called koray. "koray"
"yes Emir, everything fine"
"I wanted to see you tomorrow morning"
"ok"
"at the coffee shop at 10"
"at 10, coffee shop"
"see you"
"bye"
Mehmet entered the house quietly. Zehra came out to check him he said "mom you didn't sleep yet?"
"no, not yet"
"are you fine?"
"yes, I wanted to talk to you" Mehmet nodded "tomorrow evening Emir's parents will come home, I want you to be there" Mehmet listened to her with his head bent. "I know it's a bit tough for you" said zehra caressing Mehmet's back. She was looking at him as if searching for his supressed pain.
Mehmet said "I told you, you will not have any problems from my side, I will be there" still his head bent, he didn't want to face zehra with his painful eyes.
"Mehmet, I understand the pain that you are going through. But try and understand your sister, I am not justifying her, but she did not cheat Emir, she did not run away with teacher, their leaving together was not planned, she never shared a relationship with him, unlike.." she did not take seher's name.
"but she did leave him without reason"
"I am not justifying that act, but I am trying to tell you her situation was different. Accept her, she is your sister and she needs you too"
Mehmet listened to her quietly, nodding his head. "Give me time"
Zehra patted his back "sleep its quite late"
And she went to her room, closing the door behind.
Mehmet was in dilemma over seher, her acts off lately were leaving him baffled. He did not want her to be back in his life. She still had the audacity to knock at the door and claim the place that she once held. Love and trust in their relationship had long gone. What was left to carry on? She was not the women whom he wanted to see every night. She had broken that longing long back. Now all that remained was hatred and anger that he could not cope up with. Everytime he saw feriha, she reminded him of seher, but Emir had accepted her back in his life.  With all these thoughts he went to sleep.
Next day morning:
Emir was getting out of the apartment, when Mehmet saw him. Emir stopped on seeing Mehmet. Mehmet came upto him "good morning"
"good morning"
" I will take a leave in the evening today"
Emir nodded "ok"
"are you sure of what are you doing? Taking her back in your life is it the right thing to do?"
"Mehmet what happened between us was a misunderstanding. We lived that for 3 long years. I don't think so its right to live that for life. She did not cheat me, she separated for me without knowing the whole truth."
"okay see you in the evening"
"see you" Emir then left.
The last few words of emir still ringing in his years she did not cheat me' and he was trying to equate feriha with seher. Seher had actually cheated him with his cousin brother. His phone gave a message beep , it was seher mehmet, think about all that we shared, I know you still love me, meet me just once, maybe we can sort it out' Mehmet wrote her back see me tomorrow at 11"
At the coffee shop:
Koray was waiting for emir. Emir found him sitting at the corner seat of the caf.
"good morning"
"good morning"
"coffee?"
"yes" and emir kept his car keys on the table
"whats up brother?"
"a lot! I handed over ece to police"
"how!" in astonishment
"that shooting was all planned by her"
"what?"
"yes! Yavuz was never behind her life she was playing all along"
"don't tell me" he put his hand behind his head in utter  disbelief
"and what was all that for?"
"guess!"
"to get back at you?"
Emir blinked in affirmation.
In the evening:
Aysun had bought few gifts for feriha's family. She was preparing for their visit. Unal was watching all that.
Emir then called aysun "yes son"
"come to my home first and then we all go together"
"you have shifted back in that apartment"
"yes"
"ok see you"
"see you"
Unal said "he is back in that apartment" aysun nodded in affirmation. Unal said "come lets go, I don't know what to say"
"we have to be polite, our earlier visits have been quite difficult ones, but this one is different and we are going there for our son"
Unal nodded "let's go"
Unal and aysun first went to emir's apartment. When they entered they saw a lot of cartons lying around. Emir said "we are redoing the apartment"
Aysun looked around and said "you plan to stay here from now on"
"yes. Anyways let's go down they must be waiting"
They all went downstairs to riza's house. Emir stood in front and rang the door bell.
Zehra opened the door, she smiled and welcomed them in.
Riza came out too. They all greeted each other. Riza asked them to seat on the sofa. unal and aysun sat on one sofa and emir sat on the adjoining sofa. Aysun and unal were quietly checking their house. Zehra asked them for coffee and called feriha out. Feriha greeted them too.
Unal said "for our kids happiness we should leave our differences aside" riza nodded in agreement "we want to ask for your daughter's hand"
Riza said "you are right, we should keep our differences aside. We have no problem in marrying them again as long as they are happy"
Zehra signalled feriha to kiss aysun and unal's hand which feriha did. Emir kissed zehra and riza's hand.
Riza asked "when should we plan marriage then"
Emir said "day after tomorrow"
Riza smiled at his answer.
Emir and feriha looked at each other and smiled.