Part 19

Ece saw Emir standing at the door; his eyes were red with anger. She had never seen him angry like that. Ece got scared. She was trapped. Yavuz stood there next to Emir smiling at her. Ece gave an angry look back to yavuz. She did not know how to see in Emir's eyes. She had to think of something to cover up the situation soon.
Emir entered the room went straight ahead marching to Ece, "now you tell me what is this game?" he asked while looking at her sharply and angrily.
"Emir.." she paused a bit "that's yavuz game. He wants to trap me, pull revenge on me. I was trying to play along with him to try to figure out why he tried to kill me?"
"Trying to figure out what?" his eyes widened further"it was not yavuz but his rival gang who shot at you"
"What?"
"don't act innocent Ece" said yavuz and he called the guy who had shot her
Ece looked at the guy surprised. Emir looked at him as well. "I knew your game all along Ece. You planned all this and I won't know. I am yavuz sancatkar Ms. Ece."
Ece grew defensive and said "if you were fool that you didn't understand how deeply I loved you, I can't help. I used all my ways to be next to you. I took risks. I was successful, till feriha came back and spoiled my plan" Emir was aghast.
"you did all this" he mumbled in his breath looking around and then he looked at her eyes and said" you will pay for this" he held her by her arm and dragged her to his car, strapped the seatbelt. He took her to the police station.
At the police station he asked for the officer-in-charge of her case and told the officer what he knew now, and handed over ece to the police.
Police took her for interrogation. Emir gave his statement to the police.
Emir came out of the police station and sat in the car, he couldn't get himself to insert the key in the ignition. He hit the steering wheel with his hand hard, and then squeezed the key hard in his palm. He was finding it hard to control his anger. The sharp end of the key pierced into his palm, he looked at the wound and tried to stop the bleeding with the pressure of his other hand thumb.
He started his car and went to the sea, he needed to collect his thoughts before he faced feriha.
At the sea front he stood there, leaning against the car. His hair disheveled because of the strong wind. The wind hit his face hard, at times making it difficult to breathe. Still he stood there, oblivious. All the past events were unreeling in front of him. Flashes of feriha's scared and worried face danced in front of his eyes. Feriha always tried to subtly warn him against Ece.
Every evening when he went to work he left a worried feriha behind, which he chose to neglect. She was always uncomfortable with Ece's presence. Why he didn't belive her instinct? She has been battling those fears alone. He always thought she was unnecessarily growing paranoid. Why did he neglect all this? She was right, I was fighting him out of ego, foolish ego and what was I fighting for, and for whom was I fighting? There was no danger lurking around that girl, it was all concocted and I like a fool fell prey to their game. He bent his head in disbelief. It was getting late, he has to see feriha, she must be really worried. He then left for hotel.
Feriha was waiting impatiently in the room for emir. She was pacing the room back and forth. It was getting difficult to stay there so she thought of going to the lobby. Then there was a knock at the door, it was levent. He opened the door , feriha was standing just behind the door.
"are you leaving somewhere?"
"no!"
"can I talk to you, just few minutes please"
Feriha turned around and walked over and stood behind the desk. Levent said " can we sit and talk a bit"
Feriha sat on the chair behind the desk. Levent took the seat infront of her.
"feriha" he said "I gave you the compass so that you don't lose the way, but In trying to help you I lost my way. I loved you and did everything in my capacity to be with you. I grew selfish. To possess you I did a lot of things that I am guilty of. I am guilty of not stopping you cross your boundaries of love and confess me things which was between you and him, I am guilty of taking advantage of your naivety, I am guilty of taking advantage of your trust in me, and I am guilty of selfishly separating you from Emir. I don't want you to forgive me. This fact will not change that I love you and always will and I am not sorry for that. I have to tell you this before I go. I am going back to my sea life and you will always remain with me" he said looking at her "good bye feriha". She could see in his eyes love, regret and truth.
Feriha was speechless and levent left from there.
Feriha was reeling under the effects of levent's confession, when Emir called.
"feriha"
"Emir"
"Where are you?"
"In the hotel"
"Can you come out I want to talk to you"
"Everything alright, you don't sound good"
"I am alright; I have to tell you few things"
"ok, I am coming"
Profile