Part 18

In the night after dinner, Feriha retired to her room. She was silent the whole evening which didn't go unnoticed with Zehra. When everybody went off to sleep, Zehra went to feriha's bedroom. Feriha was sitting on her bed lost in thoughts.
Zehra asked "What happened? You are quite"
Feriha looked up , Zehra could read fear and worry in her eyes. Little  bit of tears lingering in her eyes. She pulled her into a hug "What happened?"
"Mom, Ece shooting, hospital, yavuz this remindsof the time 3 years ago. That fear I couldn't handle, I still can't. Ece is a girl with dual face. I know she is playing with Emir. Emir spoke to me and he has promised he won't let things affect me but I fear for him." Her eyes wide with fear. "What if they do something to him again? Its difficult to sit and wait"
Zehra caressed her hair "These roads are difficult but you need to have courage to face all this. Have faith and fight"
Feriha closed her eyes, clutched her hand on zehra's forearm and stayed quite for some time.
In the morning Emir called Feriha
"yes Emir"
"we have to go to hospital"
"yes"
"when will you be ready?"
"15 mins"
"ok meet me outside infront of car in 15 mins"
"see you"
"see you"
They met outside, Emir was watching feriha intently she said "I am fine, you ok" he nodded "ok. Missed you in the night" and hugged her , she smiled to him "me too"
At the hospital :
They went to ece's room ,she was sitting upright on the bed and the nurse was dressing her wounds. Emir asked her "how are you?"
"good and you?"
"We are good too"
Feriha asked "you are doing fine?"
"yes" she gave a fleeting glance to feriha
Emir suggested "I'll check with doctor, if he wants to discharge you today, we can start the process"
Feriha stayed in the room. Emir went to meet the doctor. After finishing dressing the nurse left too. Ece and feriha were alone in the room.
Ece said "so Feriha, you think you've won, you are standing next to emir. I hope you remember what I told you the game is not finished yet"
"Ece, let's see"
"yes now you will see"
Emir came back; he said "They are preparing to discharge you. I will finish the formality in sometime and come"
"I will come with you" said feriha Emir held her hand and said "come"
"you alright"
"yes"
"Don't worry we will drop her home and leave"
Emir finished the formalities and they went to Ece's room
Emir beckoned feriha to help ece who was struggling with dressing. Feriha helped her and they left the hospital for ece's home in the car.
Emir said "ece, I've spoken to police you'll have their protection outside your apartment. I don't think so there is much to worry"
"emir, you know how yavuz is, do you think police protection will be enough. When he can try to kill me, he can do anything" Emir remained quite and contemplative.
Emir's phone rang "hello"
"mr. emir"
"yes"
"we are from police, we had some developments regarding Ms. Ece's shootings. Can you come to police station"
"ok"
Emir said "ece, it was police, they have some news. I'll drop you home and then goto police"
Emir dropped her home. He said to feriha "you be at hotel. I'll go to police I'll drop you there"
"ok" said feriha
Emir dropped her at hotel and went to police station.
At the police station Emir met the police-in charge and he said that they've seen the cctv footage and they identified the guy.
Emir asked "who is he?"
Police said "he belongs to yvuz's rival gang"
Then he asked Emir "does ms. Ece have anything to do with the mafia?"
Emir explained that Ece is yavuz's ex-girlfriend and he has been troubling her since last 3 years. He tried protecting her, then he attacked him as well for which he served 3 years in jail. He is out again. But I wonder what the rival gang has to do with Ece?"
"we will catch the man soon"
"ok"
Emir went straight to hotel and met feriha. Feriha was in her cabin trying to find something from the pile of papers. She finally stashed away all the papers in one corner of her desk frustrated with it and sat worried. She had eerie feeling like she had that night before he was shot. She was feeling suffocating. Then the door opened and she got knocked out of her reverie. Emir was a bit in contemplative mood too.
He sat opposite to her and said "feriha, the police have identified the man, he is from yavuz's rival gang. I am not able to make out what's happening? What yavuz's rival gang has got to do with Ece? Why will they shoot her?she is not close to yavuz, we have got nothing to do with mafia. Yavuz knew about shooting because he has already procured anticipatory bail. Nothing is fitting"
"did you tell ece who has shot her"
"not yet"
"what is it feriha?"
"emir, something is not right. I think there is more to it than what meets the eye. May be Ece knows something. I think you should talk to Ece. She may have some more information to give to police"
"she has already given her statement to police"
"Emir she is yauz ex- girlfriend. He loved her a lot "she took a deep breath and said "she loved you as well. You were engaged to her. What if she is trying to play some trick" she said hesitatingly.
Emir looked at her inquisitively and a bit surprised "why will she get attacked? Doesn't explain"
He dismissed her premise politely. 'this was not possible. Feriha was getting paranoid' feriha understood that Emir won't believe this. Ece was a smart player.
Emir's phone rang "yes"
"this is yavuz"
"why have you called? You assured me you won't trouble her, then what game is this?"
"if you want to know the game then meet me today at my office"
"ok"
Emir got up and said "feriha  I need to see yavuz. Let me see what he has to say?"
"Emir" she said in panicky voice
"don't worry feriha"
"I want to come with you"
"no you won't go there" said Emir "that's not the place for you"
"how can I sit here and wait"
"he won't do anything" he hugged and kissed her reassuring her there was no danger lurking.
Yavuz called Ece "yes"
"How are you? I am sure the bullet shot didn't hurt you much"
"what do you think yavuz?"
"I'll tell you when you see me at my office"
"why"
"if you want Emir back" with a lopsided grin.
"what game is it?"
"sorry darling I don't play game. It's on you, I am sure this is your last chance Ece you won't leave that. After all I did to separate you from him. It did not work so I've moved on and finally decided that I should help the lovers"
Ece nodded and said "okay. see you"
Yavuz smiled sardonically "lets finish the game. Ece!"
Yavuz had instructed his men to usher Emir in the next room. The room was separated from his office room with a door and he had left that lightly ajar for Emir to hear and see the conversation.
Ece entered yavuz's office, the receptionist said "madam.." but Ece didn't stop and went marching straight towards yavuz's office. His men started to follow her. Yavuz instructed them to stay behind her and not to stop her with gesture of his hands.
"yavuz, I am here. Last time when I came back to you, you dismissed me . what is it you want to tell me? How can you help me get Emir back?"
Emir heard Ece's voice and was about to enter Yavuz's office when he heard yavuz saying "Ece you orchestrated your own shooting with a man from my rival gang. What did you think, I won't know"
Emir stood there shocked. He held on to the door knob tightly.
"how long are you going to play victim ece? How long will you fool sarrafoglu?"
"As long as I don't have him back in my life"
"you think you'll fool me forever. You played victim to my tortures to have sarrafoglu running for your safety, took advantage, broke hs marriage. But his wife is back with him, so again the same tactics, but you forgot one thing this time, I am not here with you. I no longer desire you and you still want to continue with your older game. I heard everything when you were boasting to Ms. Yilmaz .Ece your game finishes"
"yavuz, I know how to play my game. What do you think Emir will leave you. He'll bring you to book again and like before feriha will be gone i know" she said proudly. Yavuz tactfully got up from his chair and started to walk towards the door. Ece said "you said you can help me, tell me how can you do?
"I can Ece" and he opened the door. Emir was standing there, he had blood in his eyes.